Chapter 10

Whoo! Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing splendid and ready for this chapter. I didn't do anything today besides to type this up and get it ready to post. With that said, I hope you like it. We get to add a little bit of drama into this but also maybe a good surprise first :) I'm being cryptic but no worries, you'll see what I mean when you read.

Also, this chapter is dedicated to NadaFarag. Her comment on the last chapter comparing my story to chocolate had me cracking up. Thanks so much for reading (that goes for all of you!)

Anyways, enjoy chapter 10 and as always: don't forget to vote and comment!!

*****************************************************************************************

Kara's POV

"Look out," I yelled as a dodgeball came whizzing past Gabriella's head. Luckily, she ducked down before it hit her. She sprinted over to where I was taking refuge in the corner of the gym. Paul had kept to his word. We had been playing dodgeball for the past few days of school. Monday. Tuesday. And now Wednesday.

Glancing around the gym, I spotted the man in question watching the game unfold. He made sure to scan both sides of the gym and called the appropriate people out when they were hit or if someone caught a ball they had thrown.

Most of the girls were out, having let a ball hit them or throwing an easy ball for one of the guys to catch. They sat on the bleachers talking to each other or trying to flirt with the guys still on the court. Gabriella and I were the only girls left on our team and there was one on the other team. Scratch that, she just got out.

I really didn't mind the game. I was decent but some of these guys got too far into it. It was just a game after all. But that didn't stop some of the guys throwing the ball as hard as they could at the others. Gabriella had called it barbaric.

"Girls, you can't hide behind the equipment. You have to actually participate to get credit for the class," Paul called. He had his arms crossed across his chest, whistle hanging around his neck. The smirk gave away just how amusing he thought the situation was. I heard Gabriella huff from beside me before mumbling something along the lines of "bigheaded idiot". I followed behind her closely until we were all the way on the court in plain sight.

Taking a quick count, I could see that luck was not entirely on our side. We were the only two left on our team and by the looks of it, four of the biggest guys in the class were still on for the other team. Each had a ball in their hands with smiles on their faces as they sized us up.

"Can we just go ahead and call the game?" Gabriella asked and I felt a little hope spark in my chest but Paul's laugh crushed it. He shook his head, picking up the whistle and moving it to his mouth.

"Better get ready ladies," he called before blowing the whistle. All four guys yanked their arms back ready to throw the balls at us like a firing squad. When they released the balls, half were heading in my direction and the other half was aimed straight at Gabriella. I managed to dodge both of mine but Gabriella didn't fare as well, both of the balls hitting her.

She glared at the two guys that had thrown them at her before turning to me sympathetically. "Way to leave me Gabbi," I teased sending her a smile. She winked at me before walking to where the others were sitting. All the balls were on my side now meaning that I'd have to throw the ball eventually. I picked up one in my hand and passed it back and forth in my hands. The four guys laughed as they watched me. They were close to half court that separated the gym into sides. They obviously thought I wasn't a threat to stand so close.