Chapter 4

It's been awhile I know! I've been on break and too be honest, wasn't really in the mood to write. Thankfully, I have overcome it! This chapter is in Paul's POV and it's basically a recap of the day up until he has the class with Kara. Things are starting to get good :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

*****************************************************************************

Paul’s POV

            A gym teacher? Really Sam? Needless to say, I wasn’t very happy when I found out that the job Sam had gotten for me meant that I’d be returning to high school.  I still wasn’t super thrilled about it now. Everyone else got a chuckle out of it though. Everyone but me.  

            I mean, high school was so long ago. I didn’t even like to be there when I was a student at La Push High. Sam knew this. I got many “discussion” from him about my choices which included fighting and skipping classes. I smirked at the memories that flooded back. High school wasn’t that bad for me. It was just a lot of work that I hated about it.

            My reputation in high school was actually pretty good. Not good as in the “good guy”, but good as in that most everybody knew me or about me. Girls wanted to date me. Guys wanted to be me. I bet they wouldn’t if they knew I was a shifter that changed into a huge wolf. I don’t think anyone in the pack would wish it upon anyone.

            Once I shifted, I started to grow a status of being really short tempered. Shorter than it had been before I shifted at least. Even now, I was the volatile one of the pack. They hoped an imprint would calm me down but…well, reflecting again about not having one wasn’t worth my time.

            Pulling into the school’s parking lot, I felt all eyes on me. Maybe it was because the kids outside knew I couldn’t be a student. Maybe it was that I was distracting with my good looks. Or maybe it was the fact that I was riding a motorcycle. Either way, I was there and was the center of attention.

            Parking in a spot designated for a teacher, I cut the engine and kicked the stand down for the motorcycle to rest on. With a sigh, I swung my leg over and off the bike making sure to keep my head down. I could already pick up the beginnings of gossip as the students talked about my arrival. Who was I? Did they recognize me? I couldn’t possibly be a teacher could I? The questions reaching my hearing were endless.

            Making sure my sunglasses were in place, I began my trek inside the building. Sunglasses weren’t because of the sun but so that my eyes were guarded as I looked over people as I walked. I found you can usually find things out about people when they thought you weren’t looking.