Chapter 1

Here it is...the first chapter of That Wolfish Grin. Thanks to all of those that have reached out to me about the story and to all of you who are reading this right now. I hope everyone enjoys the story. The first couple of chaptes are just to setup so don't expect anything to spectacular. But Paul and Kara will be meeting sooner rather than later. Sorry that the chapter is on the shorter side and the next one will be close to this as well. Don't worry, they'll get longer. Anywho, enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know wat you think!!

*****************************************************************

Kara’s POV

            I should have known it was coming. It always does but usually I have some heads up to the fact. I took a deep breath as I pulled out my headphones. Looking back and forth, I walked across the street to my apartment building. My father’s SUV was parked in front, the trunk propped open with boxes already accumulating.

            Trudging up the stairs, I found the door to our apartment standing wide open. Inside boxes laid open, some full of stuff and others waiting to be filled. I slid my bag from off my shoulder and place it on the floor beside the door. Following the sound of my father’s mutterings, I found him in his is office.

            He didn’t look up as I entered the room. He was bent over his desk looking over files and files of stuff he had from his work. The room was practically empty except for the papers and furniture. We wouldn’t be taking the furniture. We never did.

            “When were you going to tell me we were moving…again?” I asked leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed over my chest. To be honest, I wasn’t surprised in the slightest. There was one time that I didn’t know until I was already in the car and driving to our new place. So, it could be worse.

            He didn’t look up. “I told you it was a possibility,” he said sifting through papers and then putting them in boxes marked OFFICE. He didn’t tell me. I knew there was a possibility. There always is and no matter where we are, it’s most likely a one hundred percent chance.

            “Well, I’ll start on my room,” I muttered pushing off the doorframe and walking down the corridor to my room. He hadn’t touched anything in here yet. Last time he did, I wasn’t the most pleasant person to deal with. However, he did put boxes and my old blue suitcase in here for me.

            Starting with the clothes was the best was to go so I pulled a box behind me to the closet and dresser. It was good I had turned down going to the diner with Jimmy. He was a good guy and all but I was needed here. No need to lead him on when there was no way he could ever be anything to me.