Chapitre Treize | Dudes for Team Mindless

My plan for this story is to this chapter and then start the sequel after. I’m kind of getting writer’s block for this one, and I don’t want to put it on hold or whatever until I get inspiration. -LIVYTHECREATOR

______________________________________________________

C H A P T E R - T H I R T E E N

“Cameron, do you want to hang out with me and my friends today? We really have nothing to do, and I figured you didn’t either,” Jayden asked over the phone. Even though it was kind of hard, Veveeyn and I forgave him. We only did because Jayden genuinely seemed like a pretty nice guy, he just had friend-sharing problems.

“Uh, sure? Why not? Where are you guys going to go?” I inquired, already putting my shoes on. 

“The mall. And oh—uh—I have a friend that’s really cute. And single. I think you’d really like him.”

“Really?” I asked, “I’m definitely going to have to hit him up when I see him. Anyways, I’m already dressed and stuff. So you can swing by whenever you feel like it.”

“Oh, well, OK. Bye.” Jayden hung up the phone. I really had nothing to do to pass the time while he was gone, so I sat on the couch until Jayden decided to hung up.

“Cam-ron. You have mail, sweetheart,” My mom called from the kitchen. Mail from who? I rarely ever got mail. I walked into the kitchen to retrieve the letter. It said it was from ‘Interscope Records.’ But what did that have anything to do with me? I wasn’t an aspiring singer, nor did I have any kind of musical talent.

I opened the letter with my pinky finger, and it was a handwritten letter. It was at least two pages long—front and back.

Dear Cameron,

We noticed that you’re one of the very minimum male fans we have. We really, really want to thank you for that. We’ve seen you on Facebook, Twitter, and even Myspace, and we appreciate you for that. Now, you may ask us how we know you, or maybe even how we got your address. Your friend Veveeyn signed you up for the a new club we recently made: DFTM; Dudes for Team Mindless.

Now, don’t think that just because we made a separate club means you guys are any less or more than the regular Team Mindless. We’d just like dudes like you to be noticed and not just passed by, like many others in fandom clubs.

We really appreciate you for becoming apart of Team Mindless in the long run. We love every single fan, and we’d love to recognize you. We don’t want you to feel like you’re left out in any way. So, we decided to even launch our own Twitter account, dedicated to the boys out in Team Mindless. (Just remember, we haven’t forgot about you!) And we’d love for you to follow us and tell your friends about male Team Mindless fans about it, in case they were overlooked (if they were, we’re so sorry!)

Again, we love our fans of both genders, and we love to recognize both of you. So, this is why you got this letter! 

Again, love y’all!

- Princeton, Prodigy, Ray Ray, and Roc Royal

There was a huge heart next to Prodigy’s name, and each name was individually signed. I could tell they wrote a letter for each person signed up for the program, since it looked like they just wrote it this morning. I stopped in my tracks and kept the letter close to my heart. I was happy as a bee, and I’d have to give Veveeyn millions of hugs for her good deed. She really was a close friend to me, and she was going to stay that way.

“Why do you like a princess who just got her crown?” My mom asked me, smiling. I just stared at her, not saying anything. I was so happy, I didn’t even have any words. Mindless Behavior sent me mail? They could’ve emailed, tweeted, or even Facebook-ed me. But they chose to e-mail me, which made me feel like the most special person of all.

“Huh?” My mom asked again, this time turning around to face me. “This letter is from Mindless Behavior themselves. That’s why I’m so happy.” I gave my mom the letter, and she began to smile. “My baby. . .” She says wrapping her arms around me. I finally felt she was kind of proud of me—somewhat.

I heard my doorbell ring, which I figured was Jayden. He was wearing a black wifebeater, basketball shorts, and Bred 11’s. If I didn’t know better, I’d think we were about to go play some basketball.

“Aye, don’t mind the outfit, bruh,” Jayden says. Something I wondered is how he had Bred 11’s, but he could barely afford a bed.

“I won’t. Where’s your friend?” Jayden looked at me up and down, like I said something that genuinely offended him.

“He’s out in the car. Why?” 

“I’m just wondering. No need to get mean,” I said playfully, walking out and hitting Jayden in the shoulder.

“You really want to get hooked up, huh? Well buddy boy, you’re about to.” When I got out to the car, a guy was in the front seat. His hair was cut down short, and he had slight peach fuzz. His teeth were perfect and white, which I always loved a guy to have.

When I got in the car, the guy greeted me immediately. 

“Hey, my name is Karloz.” He shook my hand, and I could already tell this dude had potential. He was polite and cordial like a real gentleman should.

Maybe I was going to get a boyfriend today.

________________________________________________________

PICTURE OF KARLOZ ON THE RIGHT ------------>