Chapitre Douze | AWKWARD. . .

C H A P T E R - T W E L V E

“Veveeyn, look, I’m really sorry about what happened with Jayden. I honestly had no idea he was a douchebag.” After the whole drama at the smoothie store, I haven’t seen Jayden since.

“I know, Jayden. It’s not your fault. Don’t bother to blame yourself,” Veveeyn cooed sweetly. She always tried to make someone feel good, even if they were dead wrong. “I can’t help to think so, though. It’s just that. . . I don’t know.” I put my face in my palm.

“Look, don’t worry about it. We’ll have our fun. How about I let you meet some of my friends? How does that sound?” I know Veveeyn was just trying to help me make new friends, but when it came to interacting with people publicly, I was the absolute worst. I get worried and nervous—basically spazzing out. 

“You know, Veveeyn, I’ll pass. I just want to be alone today, alright? It’s nothing against you, OK?”

“I hear what you’re saying. While I’m at it, I just let you start your day of serenity now. Bye, Cameron. I’ll talk to you in a little bit. That’s if you can answer the phone for a change,” Veveeyn teased. “Don’t worry, Veveeyn. I won’t forget to call you again. Bye, BFF.” I hung up the phone and we upstairs in my room. Hopefully my dad, Jayden, or even my mother wouldn’t bother me. I just wanted to be in peace. Alone. It was for the best. 

I looked at my iHome, nostalgia coming through me. I missed my iPod, I had to admit it. Even though my father took it away, I was going to get it back. By showing him that I didn’t need it or him. As long as I had a roof over my head, I practically didn’t have to interact with anyone in the house. Veveeyn was the only one that I wanted to talk to. She was the only one who got me as a person. As Cameron.

Since the B.E.T. awards was on. I figured I’d watch it. Award shows never really held my attention for long, but since the boys were on, I’d figured that I would be able to pull through. 

Ironically, the boys appeared on screen exactly when I clicked on the channel.

This time, I found it extremely hard to even listen to what the boys were saying during the interview. All I noticed how attractive they were, which made me feel nasty inside.

What’s going on with me today?

When I looked closer on the screen, my eyes fixated on the printed pants they were wearing, and Prodigy’s blonde hair really brung them out. Why haven’t I noticed this before? It felt weird because, I never seen the boys in this type of way. It was like a new feeling—a weird one.

“What are you watching, you manish little boy?” My mom came in, with her hand on her hips. She was extremely funny when she tried to tease me or ‘be mean.’

“I’m watching the B.E.T awards. What else? Haha,” I laughed jokingly.

“Great question. What else. But I’m not about to bash you for your music. You like what you like, and I’m going to accept it, more ways than one,” my mom left the room, with a wink and playful voice. I understood what she was saying; she finally accepted me for being gay.

Now I only had to convince my dad to do the same thing.

My thoughts made a screeching halt when Veveeyn called my landline. She’s probably calling to tell me about Prodigy’s blonde hair, and how much she didn’t know about it. I picked up the phone anyways. When I answered the phone, it wasn’t Veveeyn, and I knew that for a fact.

“Hello?” A deeper and more dude-ish voice answered. This voice was familiar, but I couldn't exactly make out who was on the phone. As much I was hoping it was Jayden, it wasn’t.

“Uh, Cameron, is it?” Trent asked, sounding more confused than ever. He sounded as if someone was putting him up to this (which was probably the case).

“Yes?” I replied confused. What would Trent want from me?

“Well, I want to tell you that Jayden is really sorry about what the little ‘race’ thing. He doesn’t like sharing friends, so he made an excuse of not to like Veveeyn. Oh and uh—he didn’t put me up to this, if that’s what you’re thinking. I’m just tired of him crying to me because he thinks you hate him,” Trent sighed at the end, indicating that he’d been waiting forever to get that off his chest.

“Um alright?” I replied. I was kind of glad that Jayden wasn’t really that type of person, but I’d have to be careful around him. What type of person didn’t like sharing friends?