~Elsewhere part 2~

Halika: Andre?

Andre: What? -his voice sounding a bit harsh-

Halika: Wow, already bitter to me and I haven't even got two sentences out of my mouth.

Andre: Sorry. -looks down-

 Halika: Nah, it's alright. I know you hate me.

Andre: I don't hate you.

Halika: Really? That's about the longest sentence you've ever said to me. Mmm, well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. You've said longer sentences to me when you were angry. At me.

Andre: What? You want an actual "formal" apology? -crosses his arms at her, looking at her studying her-

Halika: No. I don't ask for them. I wait.

Jay: -groans- K-keep it down, please? I get that you aren't going to sleep just yet, but it's hard enough to try to sleep in this hell hole.

Halika: Cover your ears.

Andre: Stick a sock in it.

Jay: -rolls his eyes- Whatever..

Halika: -yawns, looking out at the sky-

Andre: Are you tired?

Halika: No, I just can't sleep. Like Jay said, it really is hard enough already.

Andre: Can't blame you. -turns away from her-

Halika: -scrunches her eyebrows together- I thought you've never been out here before. Why do you know so much?

Andre: -looks at Jay then back at Halika- I know so much because I have.

Halika: And you never told us?? Dre!

Andre: Quiet! -covers her mouth with his hand-

Halika: -eye twitches, then she licks his palm-

Andre: Ew! -yanks his hand away, rubbing he saliva on his jeans- That's disgusting.

Halika: I know. Who do you think I am? Levi Rivaille?

Andre: Who's that?

Halika: No one...

Andre: If you say so.

Halika: -slumps against the wall- I'm tired.

Andre: Then sleep.

Halika: I can't, remember?

Andre: -sits next to her- Well, you're not going to if you keep acting that way. And besides, I'll be here if you need me.

Halika: -looks over at him, her eyes scanning his face- Why are you being so nice to me?

Andre: You're my best friend's little sister. You remind me of how loyal, funny, strong and brave he was.

Halika: I'm not brave or strong. -puts her head on her knees- I just do things out of fear.

Andre: Yea, but when you do that, you face it head on. So that makes you brave.

Halika: Never thought of it that way. I just thought it made me stubborn and a coward.

Andre: I agree with stubborn. But coward...? You're no coward, Halika. You're a DreFrost. You're Ender's little sister. You're Halika.

Halika: -slowly breathes out, sniffing-

Andre: Hali, are you crying?

Halika: No.. Of course not.