peter cheats (part 2)

[1 day after breakup]
pete 😍🕷: you have to believe me I love you
pete 😍🕷: please y/n, let me make it up to you
pete 😍🕷: fuck I love you so much please don't leave me I can't be without you
peter 🖕🏼: please respond
peter 🖕🏼: I'm literally in tears come on
peter 🖕🏼: I love you so much it actually hurts please just acknowledge me
you: you know what else hurts?
you: seeing you with someone else
you: knowing that every 'I love you' was a flat out lie and that you continue to say it
peter 🖕🏼: no don't say that, I really do love you, no lie, I love you so fucking much
you: fuck off parker

I miss him.

I miss him already.

I wish I could just throw away all of my feelings for this geeky asshole, but I can't.

now the image of him kissing that girl appears every time I blink, and I can't take it anymore.

"mom, I'm going for a walk!"

within a few seconds, my converse and jacket are on and the door is closed behind me.

I shove my hands in my pockets and focus on the sound of my skateboard on the sidewalk, the skateboard Peter gave me.

I really didn't want to take it, but it'll get me to my happy place faster.

and you know what, he doesn't get to determine how I live my life.

[10 minutes later]

I pull up along the guard rails lining the dock and jump off, catching the tip of my skateboard as it flies up.

leaning against the fencing, I look down at the water and breathe in the sounds and smells of the river at sundown.

my mind is just starting to relax when I look towards the bridge, and my eyes land instead on Peter's figure a ways down the river.

FUCKING hell, why did he have to come here?!

I need to leave

no, he hasn't seems me y-

"Y/N!" peters voice sounds as I jump on my skateboard again and try to escape.

I hear his board hit the sidewalk, and I can tell it's all over. I'm good at skateboarding, but not as good as him.

"y/n, we need to talk." he pulls up next to me, and for a moment I'm distracted by his hair in the wind.

"there's nothing left to talk about, Pete." I sigh and jump off of my skateboard, knowing that it would be pointless to keep going.

he copies me, and I look away from him. my eyes immediately dart to the ground when I see that people are watching us with curious smiles.

it's no wonder why really, we look like we're meant to be together. he's wearing his red converse next to my white ones, we both have our skateboards, and we both wear a hoodie below our jackets.

dammit.

"look, I know you're mad-"

"to put it mildly" I snort and he sighs.

"yes, I know you're thoroughly pissed off with me, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop walking away and listen to me for a minute."

"why should I?"

"because..." he runs a hand through his hair in frustration. "because..."

I cross my arms, waiting for him to find something good to say.

"because I need you, y/n."

and before I get a chance to respond, his lips are on mine and I'm home.

every barrier I carefully built around my heart against him is broken, every bit of my willpower destroyed.

his arms wrap around my waist and pull me close, and I can't focus long enough to find a reason to resist.

he reluctantly pulls away, staying close enough that our noses are nearly touching.

"the past 24 hours have been hell. I can't function without you. I can't find a reason to function without you. I need you. I wish I could've seen it before." he stops there, his big brown eyes staring into mine.

I take one long, hard look at the beautifully flawed human in front of me.

and I come to the conclusion that I need him too.

-------------
A/N

sorry this one took so long but I've been hella stressed and busy lately :\ buT ITS DONE NOW!

this was requested by a few people, I hope you all enjoy (: and thank you for 650+ reads!