peter cheats

he hasn't answered my texts all day.

I know it shouldn't concern me, but it does. I could make an excuse and say it's because he's a superhero who fights dangerous villains, but that wouldn't be true.

fifteen minutes later, I decide to go over and figure out what's wrong.

I grab my jacket and slide on some converse, then walk outside into the cold. I walk quickly, and reach the door to Peter's house in less than ten minutes.

aunt may answers to my knocking, greeting me with a concerned smile.

"y/n! what are you a pleasant surprise, Peter didn't tell me you were coming! come in, you look frozen."

"I'd love to talk may, but I have to see Peter about something. is he here?"

she looks confused, her eyebrows drawing close to each other and forming wrinkles across her nose. "yes, he's upstairs sweetheart."

"thank you." I smile quickly, then walk upstairs. "Peter?" I knock on his bedroom door, and it swings open.

"hey Pete, is everything okay..." I trail off as I scan his room, and my eyes land on a shape pressed up against the wall.

apparently he's too absorbed in whatever he's doing to have heard me, and I laugh a little as I flick on the lights. "Peter, what are you working-"

my hand moves to cover my mouth as he spins around, panic shining in his eyes. "y/n! what are you doing here?"

"what am I doing here?! what's SHE doing here?!" my voice rises in pitch as tears threaten to spill.

"I swear it's not what it looks like." he hurriedly pulls a shirt on, his lips slightly swollen from kissing whoever he had pinned against his bedroom wall.

"then what the hell is it?!"

the girl stays quiet, finding her shirt as well and moving away from us as if she can sense the chaos that's about to ensue.

he holds his hands out in a calming gesture, and I smack them away. "y/n, listen. please, I can explain."

my head spins and my vision blurs as I realize he's using the lines from every movie ever in which a guy cheats.

"it better be a damn good explanation and it better be fast because I'm leaving in 10 seconds if I don't hear something that makes sense."

he runs a hand through his hair to straighten it out, and I clench my fists as a vision of her hands tangled in his hair runs through my mind.

"fuck babe, don't cry." he lifts a hand to cup my cheek, and I step backwards.

"don't touch me." I whisper.

his face falls, and he looks at the ground. "we were just studying-"

"what? each other's throats?!"

"no, no no I swear that wasn't supposed to happen. we were studying for science, and, I dunno, something just..." he shrugs his shoulders and clenches his jaw.

"bullshit." I whisper, and he looks up at me.

"what?"

"bullshit." I say, louder this time. "Peter, you're a scientific genius. you don't need to study for anything in that class. that excuse was bullshit." I wipe my eyes, trying to stop the tears.

"please, y/n, I love you." he steps towards me, and I push him away hard.

"don't lie to me. don't even talk to me. ever again."

he opens his mouth to protest, but I'm already running down the stairs before he can say anything.

"y/n what happened?" aunt may's concerned voice follows me out the door as I run down the street as fast as my feet will move.

------------
A/N

hey hey hey everyone I'm on vacation holla at me

so yeah this chapter was requested by -peterparker , I hope you like it!

as always, feel free to leave requests and thank you for 300 reads! it makes me v happy to see so many spider-nerds like me out there.