Chapter Eleven: Can't go Five Minutes Without Fighting

Chapter 11

            Jacob helped me carry the lemonade to the living room, where the boys sat on the couches, staring at each other. If I had my knife, I could cut the tension with it. I didn’t look at my brothers as I placed the glasses on the table. Jacob and I sat on the couch opposite of Sam and Dean.

Dean’s knee bounced as Sam scratched the back of his neck. Alu’s head rested on Embry’s feet. I didn’t know where Kena and Lenni were. Probably asleep on my bed. Sam finally cleared his throat.

“So, how long have you two been dating?” He asked.

“Uh, not that long really.” I said.

“Jeez Sam, cut to the chase.” Dean demanded as he slammed his drink back down. “What the hell has been going on Andy? You have been acting squirrelly the second you saw us. I mean yeah, I didn’t expect to have a tearful reunion or anything involving gushy feelings, but come on! You have your ‘secret’ face on. What? Do you think we are going to drag you out of here kicking and screaming?

Jacob stiffened. His hand took mine for a little reassurance.

My gaze hardened on the boys. “Dean, even if you tried, I wouldn’t leave. I have too much invested here. I have a life here. If I left or went missing, people would look for me.” I gave a stiff laugh. “I mean, come on, I live next door to the sheriff!”

Dean gave a snort. “Like law enforcement has ever stopped us before.”

“Dean!” Sam scolded.

“Come on Sam! She is hiding something. She hasn’t given us a straite answer to begin with. Tell me you don’t want answers!”

“Answers to what? You won’t let her talk long enough!” said Sam.

Sam and Dean continued to argue when Embry leaned over and whispered “Do they always argue like this?”

I couldn’t help smiling. “Sometimes it’s worse.”

“—well ask her then!” Dean demanded.

“Fine!” Sam yelled. “Andy?” he asked a bit more calmly. “Tell us what’s been going on?”

I looked at the boys for help. They shrugged. Sighing, I decided to start with Sam’s dream. “Sam, those people you saw in the dream? They aren’t people…” Sam and Dean looked at the boys nervously. “Sam, it’s cool. We can trust them.” They nodded.

“Those people you saw in the dream, they had red eyes and crystal like skin right?” They nodded again. I sighed and looked at Jacob. “It’s as Jasper said, an army is coming.”

“An army of what?” Dean asked.

“An army of Vampires. New Born vampires, Dean. Trust me when I say this. These vampires are nothing like the ones we fought against with Dad. These guys have rock hard skin and blood red eyes. They can still die when decapitated… but it takes a lot of work to do so. They are like rabid dogs without leashes.” I now had Sam and Dean’s full attention.