3.at diner-the lady's confession

I sat at the table. Such a formal arrange ment for a non-special event. The food had looked so delicious that I had to stop myself from turning into a raging beast for it. Yeah I love my food so what? Granted I didn't know what it was, nor did I care enough to listen to the butlers practically boasting voice. I just took a forkfull and placed the warm food in my mouth. My goodness this is delicious.

"So Carla," Ciel paused,"what happened to your eye?" I lifted my small hands up to the navy blue heart shaped patch and swallowed dryly. "I was in an accident at a young age my eye was only a small loss compared to the lost lives of my parents," i mummbled quietly. "Well if you feel unsafe here you shouldn't, I assure you this is a safe place to be," he said softly as if he didn't quite understand why he was saying such a thing to a stranger that could very well be his enemy. Him and I shared a similar look of pain. The pain of loosing your parents right infront of you.

"It really wasn't an accident, more like a set up really." "Oh?" A small hint of curiosity was on his voice. "My uncle had schemed the whole thing he wanted to be in control of the house, the money greed had took hold of him." There was pure hatred and discust in my voice. Even though my voice was murderous I fought hard not to let tears fall infront of him. I looked up at him just as he looked away.

Even though we shared similar pains we weren't the same. I'm a smart enough girl to see he was way more damaged than I. "Thank you Ciel for taking me in, I know that you didn't really have too." There were many things I remember about being a lady like manners. He smirked drinking his tea. "Oh it was no problem at all Lady Baker." I eyed him suspiciously. It was like the young boy infront of me was simply just playing a game and looking for new players.
"Now you'll be getting dance lessons along with me, Sebastian will teach you how a lady your age should act in public, I also have a taylor coming in the morning to get u a new wardrobe. " I nodded, well then I never was one for dresses even when my parents were alive the maids would struggle in getting me in one. I pouted getting lost in my thoughts forgetting I wasn't alone.

"Is something the matter?" There was a twinge of intrest yet agitation in his voice. My face went to a pinkish hue. "Oh nothing, may I be excused I'm feeling a bit tired. "Fine whatever." He waved his hand in dismissal.
I wandered the halls to my room 'nessa close behind me. The idea of dressing up made me sick and I hated it. Its the least I could do since he did kind of save me. I stared at my plush bunny and picked him up cuddling with the toy and letting out a small sigh. "My lady are you okay." I shook my head. "I don't wanna wear a dress." She giggled out at my selfish childish behavior. "It's not funny." I whined out faking a hurt expression.

"Its not that bad Carla you're overreacting." I siged knowing that I was being petite and that she was right. "Truth is even though I didn't like them I still wore them for my mother it feels wrong to start again." She wraped her slender arms around me in a comforting hug. "My lady I know this is hard for you but either stay and become a full lady, or go back to your uncle and possibly die young." Again she was very right, I just have to live through the memories.

"Fine but if they try to put me in a corset I'm beating them with the biggest stick I can find." She stiffled a small laugh. Vanessa got my sky blue night dress out of the closet and undid the buttons on the back of my dress. I watched as the cloth slipped off my shoulders revealing some of the old scars I had most from the accident. I looked away from the mirror that was practically taunting me with my past.

As the night gown was thrown over my body my eyelids got heavy inviting me to dream land. I was tucked into bed stuffed animals surrounding me protectivly. I close my eyes and fall asleep instantly my worries no longer in my mind.
-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'