Chapter 15: First treatment

I opened my eyes into his, his sparkling eyes and smile “Morning” Barry said in a husky morning voice, he kissed me quickly on the lips then climbed over me to get up “Aw don’t go babe” I said, I grabbed his hand and pulled him back causing him to fall on top of me over the covers. I wrapped my arms round his neck and pressed my lips against his. I quickly slipped my hands under his pyjama shirt and pulled it over his head; I ran my nails down his chest causing him to shiver in pleasure before he pulled my own pyjama top over my head “Perfect” he whispered when he saw I was wearing a bra. He kissed my lips again then went along my jawline and down my neck; he pulled away at the covers so he could lie on top of me properly before he slipped his hand down my stomach and into my pyjama bottoms. I squealed a little into his mouth giving him the opportunity to dart his tongue inside “Morning you- Whoa okay I’ll come back in a bit” Mrs Barry said, closing the door again. I pushed Barry away again and pulled my shirt back on “Aw come on babe don’t be a spoilt sport” Barry said, pushing his bottom lip forwards, I punched him lightly in the arm before standing up on his bed. He squeezed my bottom a little as I jumped down from the bed “Cheeky” I said before skipping out of his room and down the stairs. “Morning Mrs Barry” I said, happily when I skipped into the kitchen “Morning love and what have I told you missy, call me Carol. Would you like some breakfast?” Carol asked, I sat down on a chair at the breakfast bar “Yes please” I said, I sat at the breakfast bar quietly then smiled when I heard the shower starting. “You used to live in Rochdale didn’t you, Kaitlin?” Carol asked as she handed me a bowl of cereal and sat down opposite me “Yeah I did”

“What was that like? Any better to here?”

“Nope, it were worse there to be honest, I was in all sorts of trouble in Rochdale”

“Like what? You don’t seem the type for trouble, Kaitlin”

“I was part of a gang, my boyfriend at the time dragged me into, I got done by the police at one point but was let off when they found out it wasn’t mainly me”

“Well at your age you’re vulnerable to be dragged into these sorts of things. What happened to the boy?”

“He got arrested” I bit my lip a little, I was still quite scared about talking about Kyle even though I knew he was gone for good now.

“For?”

“He tried to kill someone then missed and shot an arrow in my best mates arm” I explained, biting down harder on my lip until I tasted blood in my mouth. “So what actually happened in Rochdale with this boy if you don’t mind me asking” Mrs Barry asked, I took a deep breath before explaining how I’d met Kyle, how we’d fallen in love and then how he dragged me into a gang. “Moving up to Scotland. It was a fresh start from all of that” I added, Mrs Barry nodded then looked up when Barry walked in. “Morning mum, do I see a bit of bonding going on here?” Barry asked, kissing my head. I smiled up at him then looked back at Mrs Barry “Aye ya do Barry, Kaitlin was just telling me about when she lived in Rochdale” Mrs Barry said, I smiled before quickly finishing my breakfast and jumping down from the chair, I kissed Barry before running up the stairs and jumping in the shower after brushing my teeth

After I’d got a shower, I quickly got dry and dressed before doing my hair up in a bun on the top of my head and then doing my make-up. “Come on then” I said, I grabbed my school bag and the bag I’d taken to Barry’s “Give me your overnight bag, I’ll carry that for you” Barry said, I smiled and handed it to him before we walked to the door “See ya, have a good day” Mrs Barry shouted as we walked out the door, “I’ll take my overnight bag up to my dad’s office when we get to school okay?” I said as we started walking, he nodded and took my hand in his.

As soon as we got in through the gates, me and Barry walked up to the building and into the building heading towards the office. “Morning dad” I said as we walked through the door “Morning love, did you have fun?” he asked as I put my bag down in front of his metal cabinet “Yeah thanks dad, is it okay if I leave the bag I took last night here? I’ll pick it up at the end of the day” I said, “Yeah sure that’s fine now get to first lesson you two” dad said, I smiled and quickly kissed him on the cheek before running off the English with Barry even though he wasn’t in my class he still walked me there. Double English on a Monday morning really was the worst.