Chapter 22 - Here Goes Nothing

"Please...?"

"No."

"Pleeeaaasee?"

"No, Mika, I said no."

"Why not!?" I objected, putting my hands on my hips.

"Because Mika. First of all what I did back there, I didn't do it on purpose, so I can't intentionally do it again, I don't even know how I did it, and Second of all, why would I  just use my powers just so you can go after Naruto...?" Kai explained to me as he listed his reasons.

 I pursed my lips together as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Well...Naruto is just that awesome...I mean, Come on! We're in the freaking Naruto Series... Naruto the awesomest show ever...why wouldn't I go after him, he's epic." I stated factually.

Kai sighed, rolling his eyes at me. "Well that's not the point, the point is that I can't do that again because it was an accident...I'm not even sure if I can do it again..." He told me with a sigh.

I frowned slightly. "You can at least try..." I said sticking out my bottom lip and giving him my best puppy dog eyes. "Please...?" I pouted. Kai frowned at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Stop..." He cringed, and looked away. "I will if you say you'll do it..." I said clinging onto his arm. I tilted my head up and pouted again. Ha, he'll break eventually he always does.

Kai's POV

"Please...?" When she brought out her puppy dog eyes, I instantly told myself to look away from those brown orbs. She does this every time. And when she doesn't get what she wants she either threatens you, or worse, begs.

She knew her big brown eyes are practically everyone's weakness. I mean with her short figure and big brown eyes, she's like a little puppy. But after knowing her for as long as I had, you knew she wasn't so innocent. She was like a little lamb on the outside, but she was like a man eating lion on the inside...

"...Stop it..." I said. She only wants me to help her just so she could go after that Naruto character.

 Why wouldn't I go after him, he's epic...

 I know it pointless to be jealous of an anime character from a show. But I was anyway.  I mean why was she giving him so much attention? I mean seriously Naruto's not all that, ya know...

"I will if you say you'll do it..." Mika pleaded clinging on my arm. My cheeks flooded red as she tightened her grip around me.

She lifted her head up and shot me another one of her puppy dog eyes. And me being the idiot that I was, looked into them, already getting lost.

Ah, shit, direct hit!

I groaned. Why was I so soft!?

"Fine..." I said giving in. "YAY!!" Mika said exploding in happiness, throwing her hands in the air. I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but smile slightly at this. She was so adorable when she did that, like a little puppy that was let out outside for the first time. 

"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" The words came out so fast; I didn't quite catch what exactly she was saying.

"Err...you welcome....?" It came out more as a question than a statement. Well, at least I made her happy...

Mika then stood on her tippy toes, and then...that's when she did something unbelievable...she reached up and planted her lips on my cheek. My mouth fell agape as my eyes went wide. Sure it was a quick peck on the cheek, but a second after she removed her lips, it still stung. I pursed my lips, trying to keep a bland expression. I shouldn't feel so star-stricken; she does this all the time, one peck on the cheek and a really long 'thank you'. As a friendly gesture of course. To her it was...

"Alright...here goes nothing..."