Chapter 14 - Pinky's Up

RECAP:

 “What?” I asked, and feeling slightly annoyed. She handed me a broom, I raised an eyebrow yet again at her. “Excuse me…?” She smiled.

“You are not leaving until you clean it up…” My mouth fell open. “What?” She smirked. “Clean.It.Up.” She said slowly. I gave her an appalled look.

 “You’re kidding!” I said in disbelief, I couldn’t believe she’s making me clean up my own mess! Ugh! Who does she think she is, my mother? “Well, get working…” She told me.

Reluctantly I took the broom from her and began sweeping the floor. “Old geezer…” I mumbled loud enough for her to her me.

She gasped. “Old? Geezer! How dare you!” She shouted at me outraged.

“Yeah, that’s what I said. Having trouble hearing now, geezer?”

“Just Clean!”

 ***

“With proper elegance and poise, lift you pinkies up as you take a sip from your Dokudami Umami Herbal Green Tea…”

I rolled my eyes. Can someone like, kill me now?

I was sitting in the small room with Old Lady Kiyouko, and Ren. The old lady was teaching us how to have proper elegance while eating. So, she was teaching us how to eat… I know stupid, right?

 “What’s the point of this again?” I asked putting my elbow on the table.

 Kiyouko’s eye darted to me, with her eyes blazing. Before I knew it, I was sprayed with the spray device, again. That makes it the 15th time today…

 You see, Old lady Kiyouko has this thing, if you do something wrong, or unappealing in her point of view, she’d spray you with her little sprayer as a way to teach us “obedience.” So far I’ve been the only one whose gotten sprayed with that thing.

“It is considered rude to put your elbows on the table.” She told me simply. I glared at her, my eye twitching slightly. The violent thoughts going through my mind just got worse; too bad, she took away my butter knife…

“Ya know what else is considered rude-!” Not surprisingly, the hag interrupted me with a squirt in the face.

 “You do not talk in that tone of voice to an adult.” The hag stated, I swear, she’s like a broken record. “Haven’t you heard the say: Respect Your Elders?” I rolled my eyes. Unfortunately, I’ve also heard respect the dead; I hope she doesn’t use that one against me…

 “Now…” She began giving me a side-glance. “As I was saying…pinkies up.” She told, lift her pinky and taking a sip of he tea.

Ren did the same, and Kiyouko glanced at me, waiting for me to do the same. I raised an eyebrow, and she narrowed her eyes. “What? Do expect me to do that? Yeah, right.” I scoffed rudely. But Old Lady Kiyoukos sudden twitch towards the spray had me dodging to the cup. I picked the teacup up, and lifted my pink.

 Kiyouko smiled.

“Wise choice…” She told me with a smug smile plastered on her face. 

 “Now, gracefully take a sip from your Herbal Tea…” She repeated looking at me. I glanced at Ren who took a sip of her tea, and gently put the teacup back down then rested her hands on her dress. I raised an eyebrow and looked down at the murky green colour tea.

‘Eh? What the heck…’ I brought the cup to my lips and took a sip of the tea. As soon as the drink went into my mouth, I spit it back out.

It tasted like crushed up leaves and tepid water. “That’s revolting!” I stammer, coughing slightly.

***

I was standing in the bathroom, brushing my teeth trying desperately to get the taste of that Herbal What’s-it out of my mouth. I stopped and began rinsing my mouth out.

 The flavor was still lingering on my taste buds. I sighed, deciding I had to just deal; I had something I needed to look for. I ran out of room, and went to Ren’s room.

 I banged at her door. “Ren! Ren!” I shouted as I continued banging on the door. After a couple of aggressive thuds, I gave up and hung my head. I lifted my hand towards the knob; shocking enough the door was already open.

Her room was mixed colour of soft ones like baby blue and white it was nice. It reminded me of winter. 

 “Hey! Ever heard of knocking?” Ren exclaimed from her desk, it seemed she was reading a book. I shook my head. “Nope…” I said and start scouting around.

 I looked under her bed, looking for where it might be. “What…what are you looking for, Mikaela?” Ren asked me.

 I waved my hand. “The book…where’s the book…I have a couple of choice words to say to it…” I told her pulling myself from underneath her bed.

 “Oh, the book that brought us here?” She questioned I nodded in response. We had given Ren the book because she was the most responsible one out of all of us, and we could trust her the most.

“Well, hehe…funny story…” She then began laughing. “Hehe…you’re gunna like it, trust me... Haha…”

I turned around and gave her a confused look.

“Well, how funny is this story…?” I asked crossing my arms. Ren took a piece of her white coloured hair and began twirling it around, trying to avoid my challenging look. “Well…you see…”