Chapter 3

Samantha's POV:

“I don't have enough clothes and I don't know what to pack and I'm nervous” I confess a few seconds later.

“Darling we'll go shopping tomorrow and we'll buy you everything you need. This is going to be amazing.” my mum tells me and touches my cheek with her thumb.

I smile at her weakly. I feel bad for lying to her, for lying to her and telling her I made it into the ballet theatre when I was a background dancer for some boyband now. I almost laugh out loud at the thought, me Samantha Davis a background dancer for a boyband who is going on a world tour in a week. That can't be real. I look at my mum while she is driving. She is still smiling all over her face, her eyes shine so bright. I never saw her so happy in my whole life. It feels good but bad at the same time.

As we reach our house I quickly rush under the shower and change into some comfortable clothes. I go downstairs to hear my mother on the phone.

“Yes I know mother, she is so happy right now. It is a dream come true, she worked so hard.. Yes.. I know.. she deserves the best.. Okay.. I'll tell her.. I love you too.. Tell Dad I said Hi.. okay see you later.. bye...” She hung up and I walk into the living room.

“Congratulations from your Grand mother, she is so proud of you Darling” my mother comes towards me and pulls me into a deep hug.

I hold my breath, normally she never hugs me, she is always so distant and a kiss on the cheek is a big conquer for her.

“Thanks mum” I whisper and respond the hug.

After a few moments my mum pulls away and clears her throat.

“Your grandparents will come over in an hour, try to get yourself into a nice dress, we have something to celebrate” with that she rushes into the kitchen and I can hear her getting the food ready.

Okay we were back to normal and distant. I sigh and go back upstairs to change into a dress.

I stay in my room until I hear the doorbell ringing. I slowly get up from my writing desk, where I wrote down the things I would need to pack and go downstairs. I hear my mum speaking to my grandparents ans as I enter the room they all look at me, with big smiles across their faces.

“Darling, come here” My grandmother opens her arms, ready to hug me. I slowly go towards her and my grandfather joins the hug.

“Congratulations” he whispers into my ear and I smile at him.

“Thanks” I manage to say as my grandmother kisses my cheek.

“I'm so proud of you, Darling. I always knew you were amazing” she smiles at me and I hug her again.

“Thanks grandma” I whisper.

“Food is ready, lets go” my mother cut in on us and walks us towards the living room.

During Dinner, I don't really talk. I try to smile and nod whenever they speak about me, but I feel awkward knowing that I lied to them all. I never really lied in my whole life and I wasn't going to lie but I was too scared about disappointing them all. My mum was doing most of the speaking part, she was smiling all over her face telling my grandparents for the third time now, how amazing I was and how proud she was that my dream come true. My grandparents were busy with agreeing and telling her that she did an amazing job with me and that they always knew I was meant for being an amazing dancer.

“So Samantha when do we get the chance to see you on stage then?” My granddad turns towards me, his eyes shine bright and I could tell he was so extremely proud.