~Chapter 15~

*EDITED*

> Enjoy ☺️

________________________

Tasha

When he kissed me on the lips, I thought we were going to get caught. But no one came out after eating outside with us. It scared me shitless that Summer or someone else caught us in the act. When Corey released his lips from mine and he looked so different. His eyes were looking into mine and I was looking into his.

Before he said a word to me, I noticed a cut above his eyebrow. I was going to ask him, but then we talked.

"How did you get that cut above your eyebrow?" I ask him.

"I trip over a root from the tree and my shoulder and the side of my face hit the tree. But I'm fine if that's what you're going to ask me." Corey said to me.

"Come here." I grab his face with both of my hands and kiss his boo-boo softly.

"That made me feel better but still sore." I could tell from his facial expression that he was hurt and sore.

"Your lying C.J... How's this going to work. Uh." I ask him and it made him think for a minute.

I love Summer as a sister and I hate seeing her hurt or sad. But this unborn child is her fiancé's baby and I hate to keeping it a secret from her. Once she finds out she's going to hate me forever and for Rachel, I hope it doesn't change our relationship.

"I could try to sneak away here and there Tasha while she's at work."

"I hate going behind her back C.J. I don't have the strength to see hurt when she finds out. I just can't." I pointed out my opinion. He looked at the sadness on my face.

"Whether you like it, she's going to find out, Tasha... It's going to be pretty hurtful. But we will get through it together." He gave my hand another tight squeeze and let go.

"I know," I whispered to him.

We stared at each other for a while until someone called us. C.J move his body around to see who it was and I look around him.

Summer and some of her friends were standing there.

"Hey, you two. Corey finally got to meet one of my sisters, Tasha." Summer said to him and look at me. I smiled at her and she does the same too.

"Yeah, we just introduced ourselves and getting to know each other. Well, I'll see you around, Tasha." C.J got up from his seat and gave me one last look, then left me. I watched them walk back into the house.

It was nice and quiet. But I was wondering why are all the people inside coming out here to eat. It's beautiful out here and by the bonfire.

I see Rachel walking down with a plate of food in her hands. She walked slowly so she wouldn't fall and have her plate of food flying off.

"Hey Rach." I smile at her.

"Hey. I see you met Corey again." As she sat in the seat next to me.

"Yeah, we talk for a bit... You know getting to know each other." I hated that I lied to her. Hopefully, she forgives me when she hears about the whole truth.

For the rest of the night before the countdown. I bounced to the bathroom before I peeped at myself. Summer had one of her friends set off fireworks in the yard. All of her friends were outside talking to each other and sitting around the bonfire. After when I was done using the bathroom, I walk to the end of the hall to look out the window to hear them yell the count down.