Little Peak At Book Three-Love Like This

It's kind of unrealistic that I finished the second book! Now onto the third one! I think this one will be the best out of all and I really hope to finish it in time for WattyAwards 2013. It seems so weird, knowing I've been working really hard on this whole trilogy for over two years now! Thanks so much for being a blessing in my life! The external link will take you to the third book! Here's to the third book!

Side note: I'm going to do a Q&A video on YouTube so if you have any questions about myself or about my stories or characters, PM me or email me at rebekahleemusic7@gmail.com and I'll give you a shout out in the video :)

Summary: The great war against Azazel is now over and a new generation has been brought up. Pristine Slade, the daughter of the famous Elder Lucas Slade, comes back to the town her parents met with one task: to attend an Institute where werewolves, vampires, and hunters will learn and interact peacefully. With Bryon Lyon and Tristan Trevino, her childhood friends, she knows that it will be a great year but what happens when she comes across Jeremy Hainsworth, the apprentice of the vampire king?

She knows her task is to interact with everyone but it's different with Jeremy. There's a strange pull and she can't help herself on getting to know the mysterious Jeremy Hainsworth. Lines will be drawn between the three species on the journey to coexist altogether but it will be a hard battle to fight. Will Prsitine be able to step out of society's view of vampires and hunters and discover the life she could have with Jeremy or will she fall back into the comfort she had been given her entire life?

Prologue ;)

Day 365.

It was the one year anniversary since that dreadful night. For anyone it might have been a regular Friday night but for Jeremy Stamper, it was the day when everything came crashing down.

Just a year ago he was diagnosed with cancer. With the troubling economy, his parents were not able to afford him treatment or any care for that matter. They had always treated him like an insect, belittling him in such a degrading way that the second they found out about his condition, it became the last straw. Seeing that he had only a few months to live, they kicked him out of the house, forcing a freshly turned eighteen year old to fend for himself.

Jeremy partially expected it but a part of him wished he wasn't right. However he was too smart for that. He was quite intelligent in his own way. Although he was always quiet and blended quite well in the background, he was always observing from the outside, catching such tiny details – the posture of a person or the way they might respond. Anything a normal person would miss. Nevertheless, he was always there. Maybe that was why he was chosen that night.

Jeremy Stamper was walking home to his rented shelter of an apartment. With a minimum wage job and tips left by customers at Denny's Diner, he was able to pull off the rent just barely to get across. As for his illness, he relied on luck as his aid, his lifeline.

He wasn't healthy again. The disease must have had mercy on him but had slowly begun to eat him away. It was his precious hair that began to fall the first six months and now he was coughing up blood from time to time but otherwise, he counted himself lucky. No cancer patient with this much health problems could live for a year without treatment but he knew that luck ran out. He was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

During work he would always wear a beanie or a hat to conceal his bald head. The look was charming on him and fit his structure as he had very prominent features and a jawline that made all his fellow waitresses dream of him and teenage girl customers who consistently gave handsome tips. However, sometimes he would receive sympathetic looks on some customers. This was the reason why he kept so many hoodies – to let other people judge him not according to his condition.