Chapter Two

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this Chapter. Thank you again for your support. Feel very free to vote and comment(;

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Alexia’s POV

I shook off the dark feeling, hoping it would leave me alone so I could at least have some time with Derek. When we stepped inside the restaurant I met with a friendly, smiling set of bright green eyes.

“Hi Derek!” I waved. It felt like forever since the last time we met and it was nice to a warm smiling face. His electric green eyes sparked with happiness as he stood up and greeted us all.

“Little wolf,” Derek smiled, hugging me. “It’s certainly been a while.”

“Yup. I’m glad you’re doing good,” I smiled and we let go.

“Glad you’re doing well,” Lucas said correcting me and gave a manly hug to Derek. Uncle Amos smirked at Derek, hugging him as well but I swore it looked more like bromance.

“So shall we eat?” Uncle Amos asked, ushering everyone to their seat.

“Derek, I thought you didn’t eat food,” I commented, when the food came. He was eating a rare steak like a civil person. I thought vampire couldn’t exactly control their bloodlust.

“Although the food doesn’t digest or satisfy us, we can still choose to eat it. On the other hand, ruthless vampires who live like monsters will never eat food,” Derek explained with a little distaste at the end.

“So vampires are civil?” I mused, though Derek was the most civil supernatural being I ever met.

“Not all. But yes, we can be civil,” Derek said.

“Derek, you weren’t very civil when I first met you,” Uncle Amos smirked at some fond memory. How long have they been friends?

“I had my own reason Amos Awbrey,” Derek rolled his eyes but he couldn’t help smiling. “Ah, our stupid days.”

“Derek Hainsworth, stupid?” Lucas chuckled, unbelieving.

“You better believe it,” Uncle Amos grinned, receiving a narrowing look from Derek. “Well, I mean he was a fine gentlemen but he was still immature.”

“Hey, I think you were the immature one trying to pick fights with me.” They both gave each other looks and Lucas and I sat eating and enjoy listening as they talked for ages.

You like the food? I thought it was the darkness at first but it was Lucas. I sighed in relief.

Yeah, it’s delicious. Wow, I never knew they had so much history together.

I don’t know much about it personally but they’ve known each other about eighteen years.

And how would you know? I smirked but hid it by shoving food in my mouth.

Well, you forgot me and Amos are still cousins despite our huge age gap.

It’s ‘Amos and I’ I corrected and I heard Lucas laugh through our bond.

How exactly apart are you guys? You guys look about the same age. I received a scoff from him.

Are you kidding, Alexia? Do I really look that old? We’re sixteen years apart. He’s thirty six and I’m twenty. Come on, really? He gave me a sad look but I knew he was laughing good-naturedly inside.

Stop being a puss, I teased but I was shocked. All this time I thought Amos was just a little older than Lucas. Time had lots of favor on him.