Chapter Three

Hey guys! How's it going? I wish I could hear your responses T-T

The picture on the right column is Nina Dobrev as Gracie Awbrey:D

Anyways, I hope you like this Chapter. Might be confusing with Alexia's POV but everything might be explained next Chapter. Hope you enjoy this Chapter and the many Chapters to come! Thanks again for all the support you've been showering me ^_^

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Alexia’s POV

“Derek,” the woman named Gracie nodded and turned towards Amos. “Brother and ah, Lucas.”

“What?!” I blurted out loud. Lucas grabbed my hand to calm me but the shock was too overwhelming. Uncle Amos and Gracie both shared the famous curly brown Awbrey hair and charming blue eyes.

“Amos, Derek,” the stranger behind Gracie said.

“Brandon,” they both said at the same time.

“What brings you here Gracie?” Uncle Amos asked, sipping his water as if nothing was wrong.

“I just wanted to visit you guys. It’s been lonely since you two left,” Gracie trailed on, letting the silence take control.

“How on earth did you find us here in Michigan?” Derek asked. There was sorrow and sadness in his eyes that I could never imagine Derek to hold.

“Were you trying to hide?” Gracie said a little sad but forced a smile and looked at everyone around the table until her eyes came onto mine. “Who are you?” she asked, looking directly at me.

“This would be my mate,” Lucas said, giving his best smile to Gracie. I could tell that he didn’t really feel comfortable around them but he tried to put on a show. He was great at hiding his emotion but it was easy for me to decipher what he felt.

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she smiled at me and nodded respectively at Lucas.

“Do you have a place to stay for tonight?” Derek questioned.

“No, we don’t.” Gracie smiled timidly.

“If you’re looking for a house to stay you and Brandon are welcomed at my place,” Derek offered as a nice gesture. Gracie beamed in happiness and relief.

“That would be very kind of you,” Gracie smiled but Derek only nodded stiffly and tried to return the smile but it was weak.

“You’re welcomed to sit sister. You too, Brandon,” Uncle Amos smiled, making more room for the two. “Well, aren’t we just one big family?” Uncle Amos chuckled nervously when everyone settled down in their seats.

There were many ‘hellos’ afterwards and after a while, the tension in the room melted away and regular conversations took place. I didn’t get much of what they were talking because they seemed to join Uncle Amos and Derek reminiscing about the past so Lucas and I sat back and relaxed.

This is definitely a weird turn of events, Lucas chuckled in my mind. I smiled as he wrapped his hand around mine. It felt good to be with him in public and be able to do whatever we pleased. Just a little over a month ago, Lucas and I would have never dreamed of being this close and sometimes when I thought of those times, it brought tears to my eyes.

You got that right. I grinned. I never knew Uncle Amos had a sister. She’s your cousin too, right?

Yes, she is my cousin. They don’t exactly have the clearest childhood memories together.