Silver Horizons | 20

I decided to get up off my ass while on vacation and write this chapter. Then again, I was bored and had access to a computer, so YAY, here is the next chapter. Oh yeah I lied. This isn't the last chapter. xD The next chapter is! Probably. Most likely. Yeah, it is. 

Now, I'm sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in this chapter. I had to write it on Google Docs, and Google Docs is a bitch to me, and this laptop hates typing the right keys and just everything is so sensitive on this laptop and omfg it hates to capitalize the letters that I want it to. So yeah, excuse any mistakes. (: Don't forget to vote and comment!

ONE LAST THING. I started Camp NaNoWriMo July 2013! It's sad that I haven't even finished my Camp NaNoWriMo April 2013 novel, but whatever. xD Silver Horizons is almost done! (: 

Indenting is weird, sorry. This is such a long author's note. Oops. Love you.

Btw, I was informed that I said that Garrett sold them out instead of Connor somehwere in this chapter. To clear thigns up, yes Connor sold them out. Not Garrett. I'm too lazy to read 4000 words and fix it though, so yeah

________________________________________

“What do you mean,” I asked Sam, “he let the zombies in?”

            Shrugging, Sam shoved his fingers in his jean pockets and gave me an innocent look. “I mean exactly that. Kyle let the zombies in.”

            “Then he--”

            Sam nodded, interrupting me. “Then he left.”

            I was fuming on the inside. I could have sworn Kyle was standing right beside me the entire time! How could he just wander off like that? “Are you fu--”

            “Elijah,” Forest grunted, raising his gun to point at me. He wouldn’t. “Watch out.” Then he fired. He would. But instead of pain erupting in my body, I heard a groan from behind me and then a thump. I turned around and saw the mangled body of a zombie. Oh. “Next time,” Forest said seriously, “pay more attention to your surroundings rather than your missing brother.”

            I glared at him. “He’s not missing,” I insisted. “He got away.”

            “Yeah,” Forest responded, waving his gun in Sam’s direction, which made Sam send a fiery look in Forest’s direction, “and you heard this from who? The scientist? The one who failed to get us out of the goddamn quarantine?”

            “Hey now,” I said, making the ‘calm down’ hand motions. “It isn’t--and wasn’t--Sam’s fault that Garrett decided to sell us out. And in reality, it’s our fault for thinking that he was too stupid to understand what we were doing.”

            Forest returned my words with a steely gaze. “And now you’re defending the bastard.”

            “At least he saw my brother leave!” I shot back at him. “All you did was tell me you didn’t know!”

            Forest shifted the weight from his left foot to his right. “That’s because I didn’t!”

            I narrowed my eyes at the jerk. Not only did he ignore me after telling me that he fell in love with me but he didn’t even keep an eye on my brother for me. I thought that he finally agreed that we couldn’t leave without Kyle. What happened to that promise? “Listen here you asshole, it’s your fault that Kyle’s out there on his own with zombies running all over the place.” Forest’s face began turning red with anger, but I didn’t stop. “If you hadn’t decided to stop and have a chat with daddy then maybe we would’ve already taken down Georgia and her goons. We’d be outta here already with Kyle if it weren’t for your feelings!”