Chapter Eleven

~Chapter Eleven~

The next morning I was shaken awake by Layne. He looked slightly disgruntled, "Kiera will you wake up already?"

"No," I turned to my other side and covered my head with a pillow. We had stayed up most of the night goofing off, which I quickly learned was a terrible idea.

"It’s seven fifteen. Wake up!" he groaned. "We’re going to be late.

"But it’s so dang comfortable," I grumbled, burying myself even deeper into the bed.

"Kiera Lianne Cook, get out of the bed right now."

Instantly my body stiffened up. He had used his Alpha voice. I had seriously only been in his pack for twelve hours and he was already using it on me? I was going to kill him.

"Excuse me?" I asked, sitting up and narrowing my eyes at him. "I swear if you ever do that again…"

"I won’t have to if you just wake up on time. Please get dressed."

"Since when do you care about making it to school on time? You hate it just as much as you hate Ken," I mumbled, walking over to the dresser.

It was obvious that Layne felt bad about what he did, but at the moment I was too ticked off to care what he felt. He should have known that it was stupid to demand his mate to do something. When he did that it made me feel like I was just a member of his pack and nothing more. It was even worse since he did it so soon after my induction.

"Well, if I don’t go, you wouldn’t want to go either," he said pulling on a t-shirt behind me.

"So you pretty much only care about my education? You could care less about yours?" I wondered, dragging a brush through my hair. It was nearly impossible, but thankfully I managed.

"I’m guaranteed a job with my dad after I graduate, so there’s really no need for me to care," he shrugged.

I so badly wanted to take my brush and slap him in the face with it. He was such an idiot! If he didn’t show up to his classes he wouldn’t be able to pass them, so therefore there was no way on Earth he was going to graduate!

"Do you think your father would let you work in his company if you have no idea what you’re supposed to do? I know I wouldn’t hire someone if they were clueless, even if it was my own child. I wouldn’t want my business going down a black hole."

"Well he isn’t like you Kiera," Layne mumbled from behind me.

I turned around and glowered up at him, I wasn’t going to argue about this with him. It was already obvious I wasn’t a morning person and this wasn't going to help, "I’m going downstairs,"I mumbled.

I maneuvered my way around him and walked out of the room. He would figure out how stupid he was being eventually. Hopefully, it would be before the end of the school year.

"Happy? There’s a full bowl of fruit this morning!" Aria smirked as soon as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Ecstatic," I grumbled sarcastically, grabbing my favorite fruit.

"What’s your problem?" she asked, getting herself comfortable on one of the chairs in front of the island. She crossed her legs underneath the chair and leaned forward, placing her chin on her hand.

"Why do you care? You hate me," I said, opening up the fridge.

She shrugged, "Usually you don’t seem so hostile. You look like you could drown a puppy and not even have a care in the world."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "When did you start being so observant?"

She shrugged again and then sat up straighter, "Are you going to answer my question? I don’t want to be late for my education, because you know that’s just the highlight of my day."