Chapter 15 (Part One)

Chapter Fifteen~

After finally processing what had just happened, I put on my poker face. This was not something I had expected to happen. I could only hope that this incident made things easier.

I looked at Layne as he opened up the door. "Do you think he'll keep quiet?" I asked softly.

Layne's eyebrows arched at my question. "I don't know. He's not my friend, isn't that a question I should be asking you?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but then stopped. He was right, Johnny was my best friend. Sure, we had just had a massive fight, but I trusted him. He wouldn't have come to apologize just to do something stupid again.

I plopped down on the couch and heaved out a long sigh, "I trust him, but I feel like we just gave him way too much information to fast."

"We will just have to keep a close eye on him for a while. Okay?" Layne leaned forward and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Yeah, I guess," I said, wrapping my arms around him.

I quickly planted a kiss on his lips and then pulled away.

Poor Layne's face dropped at my action, his expression making me giggle. "You promised to look into Auden," I told him, motioning with my head toward the stairs.

He let out a sigh, but nodded anyway. "You owe me big time," he mumbled, taking a step away.

He turned around and began to trudge up the stairs to his office, his perfectly shaped ass begging for my attention.

"Oooh, someone can't keep their eyes off my brother... You should really be more careful. If he spots you staring, his ego will grow even bigger, and then he is going to think it is okay to back you into a wall and..."

"Enough, Macie," I laughed, putting my hand up to stop her.

She just shrugged with a bright smile on her face and sat down next to me."Sorry, but you know it's true!"

I rolled my eyes. Of course I knew it was true. I wasn't an idiot.

Just then the front door opened, and in came Toby and Aria. Toby had his arm slung over Aria's shoulder, and they were both laughing at only God knows what.

Macie and I both directed our attention to them, raising our eyebrows. "What's so funny?" Macie asked, plopping her feet up on the coffee table.

"Why does it matter to you?" Aria sneered, rolling her eyes and untangling herself from Toby's grip.

Toby let out a sigh and maneuvered around her. He took a seat next to me, and his action only made Aria more irritated.

"Look who's finally back to her old self," Macie giggled, leaning over the side of the couch to find the television remote that had fallen down beside it.

Aria began to grumble nonsense under her breath and then stormed out of the room, heading toward the back door.

My eyes widened, as I followed her movement. What crawled up her ass?

Both Macie and I turned to give Toby a quizzical look, to which he just responded with a shrug.

For the next couple of minutes we sat in silence until Macie finally turned on the television to Animal Planet, and as soon as she did, Toby sprung up off the couch. "Do you guys want popcorn? I definitely do!"