Truth

Marc

I really did try to engage in the conversations that my friends and some of my family were trying to have with me, but I just couldn't focus. I know that it's immature of me to pout around, but I just wanted a chance with him. Sometimes it feels as though relationships just aren't for me, am I just a friend zone kind of guy? I don't want to be the friend, I want to be ... More.

I solemnly ate my chips and salsa on the couch with a forced smile, I just want to leave already.  After about twenty minutes of baring my sister joke around about her pregnancy I was ready to go. I could hear the door open and joyous greetings coming from behind me. I turned to see who had entered since I thought that everyone was here, but apparently I was wrong. Oh no, I really do have to leave - now. I stood calmly and walked to the kitchen where Bell was to tell him that I was going, but Isaac grabbed my arm. I honestly can't do this, what is he here for? I turned to him with a raised brow.

"Can we talk?" He gestured his head to the upstairs deck. I looked up, pausing before answering, I don't even know what to say to him if we did talk.

"Yea". We walked in silence until we reached the large expanded patio. We both were quiet for about a minute until Isaac decided to speak up. I looked toward him feeling a slight anxiety settle over me.

"I'm sorry - about earlier. I was just really ... nervous, and I was being stupid. And I - I was just trying to be professional, and I was embarrassing myself so so much and - and ... I'm sorry. I actually do really like you, and I mean I did get the feeling that you liked me too, so it'd be nice if we can just forget about that lunch". He rushed and skipped over some of his words, but I perfectly understood the message. I smiled brightly not even trying to hold back my excitement.

"That'd be nice". He bit his lip and I could barely make out the red on his cheeks. "We should get back inside before they start to think that we're being naughty out here".

"I wouldn't mind that". It was mumbled and I could tell he was shocked when it came out of his mouth because of the look of surprise on his face. I chuckled shaking my head.

"Didn't think you had that in you". He smirked and came behind me wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Don't underestimate me". He's gone from Prince Charming to Prince Lechery in 0.2 seconds. That's alright though, I really do fancy him, and the arousal that comes with him. We both walked down to the party with an easier aura surrounding us.

We played a few more games before I was caught under the Mistletoe, with Isaac. I should've assumed that this would happen, this had to of been planned. It would've been possible to walks away if only Bell's wife hadn't caught us. "You guys have to kiss!" I blushed and looked away from the general direction of the living room where they all were coming from. I looked to Isaac to see if he was actually going to go through with it, which by the look on his face I had no doubt that he wouldn't. He held up the album, that he had won in the white elephant, to cover our faces and gave me a quick peck. It was a sweet and simple kiss, and I was so embarrassed that I was reacting like a virgin that had never been kissed before. Yea, I really do like him. I looked away trying to hide my sheepishness.

( I do apologize as this is not edited, and quite sloppy since I am trying to rush out chapters.)