Glance

Isaac

The feeling of the smooth wet clay gliding in my hands as the wheel spins at a medium pace is very therapeutic. This wasn't a large bowl so I didn't have to focus too much on throwing my weight strenuously, it's more in the positioning of my hands.

I heard the front door open, I was only slightly confused since I know that the sign is flipped to closed. My shop was one of the few that stayed in business in this neighborhood even though it opened so late as 2:00. I still have a half hour left, so it must be Bel or my mother, they're the only ones that would come in, and the only ones that know that the door is unlocked even though it says closed. I keep my door unlocked while I'm here, even if the sign says closed, incase of emergencies, or if someone really needs to talk to me while I'm working with clay.

I was quickly done after he walked in; the longest he had to wait was about two minutes. Beautiful ... I looked up to see Bel's usual dark hair and greenish-grey eyes that came from his Persian background, and then I saw a man that put me slightly on edge. He wasn't the handsomest man that I've ever seen, but he was just ... Beautiful. He had this radiance to him that I've rarely seen, it's astonishing. His hair was a darker brown with lighter streaks going through it, blue eyes, thin pink lips, and a very strong jawline. I hate to compare people, but he reminded me of Daniel Sharman.

"And to what do I owe the honor?" I put all of my focus on Bel trying to calm my nerves, I need to be professional, this is my business after all.

"My friend here ", he paused slapping a hand on his friends shoulder, "needs a gift for a very lovely lady". It was slightly disheartening to hear that he had a special lady in his life, I shouldn't have even thought of him in any romantic way.

"Well what are you thinking ..."

"Marc", he responded catching on.

"Marc".

"Well I'm not quite sure", he scratched his cheek looking a little nervous. "I don't know much about pottery, and what would be the best gift to give to her, I just want it to be meaningful". I slowly nodded my head pressing my lips together thinking of something.

"Well what does she need around her house, and oh my names Isaac by the way, I probably should've said that first", I chuckled softy feeling a little more off than normal.

"Yea I know, I mean Belmont told me". He shrugged his shoulders and crossed one arm around his torso while the other was brought up so he could nibble on his finger nail. Such a nasty habit.

"Well what do you think this lovely lady needs?" I said as charmingly as I could. Belmont answered for him, I didn't want to hear his voice, I want to hear Marc's.

"She's accidentally broken about 2 bowls and a cup last month, so maybe a set of dishes would be nice". Marc agreed with no hesitation, one would think that they would know more about their lovers needs

"Well you will have to pick out the design, I do have some examples if you need them, but a lot of the time custom ones like these have sayings. Do you have one in mind?"

"She is pregnant, so something relating to family would be nice". Pregnant, is he married, or is this his girlfriend?

"Oh a boy or girl?"

"If I remember correctly it's a boy". Who doesn't remember the gender of their own child. Maybe I don't like this man.

"Well it could be something relating to your family?" He was about to answer until a look of confusion settled on his face.

"You do know that I'm speaking of my sister, right?" My eyes went wide in understanding, I feel so stupid. I heard Bel laugh deeply, he knew what I was thinking all along. I shook my head laughing along.

"My apologies".

"No,no don't worry about it". A lopsided smile covered his face, I could almost feel my heart stutter off rhythm. I guess he's alright after all.