Fool

Isaac

I was already fully dressed an entire hour early, I even ate a light meal so that I didn't look like a pig while out to lunch. It's very boring and nerve-racking to just wait, but at least I'll be punctual, show that I have proper manners. Within the hour I had decided that I wouldn't be too flirty, first I need to see if he has some interest. After I decide if he does or does not then I will make my moves, I'll be smart that way. I even went the extra mile this morning to get my scruff nice and clean. I do hope he appreciates it.

Bell had finally texted me notifying me that it was a good time to leave the house, which I did promptly. My uber arrived within ten minutes and I was on my way. My leg nervously shook in the back seat of the car as I waited for us to arrive at Jemington's. I was glad that they chose such a humble restaurant, the few times that I've been here with friends it was very relaxing, and the food is always quite enjoyable.

Bell and Marc were already waiting for me once I got there, and I immediately felt bad for having them stand here in the cold. I was supposed to be punctual. I quickly escaped the car and asked them of their wait time, luckily they said that they had just arrived about two minutes ago. Some of the stress fizzled from my shoulders and I was able to relax a bit, ease my tension.

We were actually seated right away which was surprising, it always takes about ten minutes, maybe it's a sign that today is going to good. I watched Marc look over the menu as Bell pestered him about the red scarf that he was wearing. I don't see what's wrong with it, it looks quite cozy. We were sat in a corner with some privacy from the other guests here; if this were an actual date, this would be a very nice spot to enjoy each other, but it is indeed not a date.

The waitress was with us momentarily and asked of our beverage choice. We all got something very refreshing, such as a juice or iced tea. The light shining through the windows illuminated the very casual yet elegant restaurant beautifully. I watched some of the single lightbulbs hanging loving the graceful rustic feel to the place. "So have you been here before?" I looked up with raised brows wondering if Marc was talking to me, which he certainly was.

"Yes, I have, a few times actually". I smiled softly trying to hide my childish nerves.

"Did you enjoy it?" The waitress was already back with our drinks and a bright smile on her face. I thanked her mannerly, it's something I was raised on.

"Have you gentlemen decided what you would like to eat?" She asked very politely. I actually hadn't looked at my menu yet, so I was glad when Marc had asked for a few more minutes.

"So as I had asked before, how do you like it here?" He had a playful glint in his eyes and he was leaning into me, oh my gosh, is he flirting? I felt the familiar tingling in my checks so I shifted my eyes towards the menu not knowing how to act, what if he's not flirting and I make it weird?

"Well yes I do. The few times I've been here the food had always been nice and the waiters are always very kind". I was taking a sip of my drink when he spoke once more.

"I'm glad you enjoy my restaurant". His restaurant? I choked on my drink embarrassing myself immensely. I cleared my throat trying to find my breath. He chuckled and smiled at me.

"You own this place?!" I tried to calm my voice towards the end, but it really didn't work out too well. I'm making such a fool of myself.

"Yes, I do".

"Well I'm glad I said something good".