Elephants

Marc

Bel could've warned me that his friend is obviously very attractive. I honestly believe he just wanted to tease me. This man, Isaac, is clearly not interested in me, he's probably not even interested in males. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed at how attracted I am to him. The moment we walked in here and I saw his dark hair pulled back into a small low bun with a few stands falling in his face, while his strong arms worked the clay, I was hooked, I am hooked.

The light coming into the rooms though the several windows highlights his body beautifully. He walked over to the door to flip the closed sign to open, and then he showed me his examples. His voice isn't super deep, but it's soothing. He speaks very clearly and softly, but not soft in the sky kind of way, just in the sense that he doesn't feel the need to be loud and crude. He seems to be a man that holds lots of class and elegance, a man that I admired, even though I have just met him. I watched his tongue dart out to lick his lips as he pointed to the blue flowers dancing around the bowl on a connected branch. I should try and be more appropriate in my thoughts of him, but I couldn't deny the sex appeal I felt radiating off of him. I'm not even a man that needs sex in the way others do, but he entices my primal urge.

I looked at the dry clay on his hands before I walked over to the bowls on the far right side of the small display room, pointing to the red bowls with elephants on them. I smiled reaching out to touch them before thinking better of it and pulling my hand away. "Do you like them?" He asked politely.

I smiled and I could feel the slight blush on my face because of his close proximity. "Yes, I love them, and I would like these ones for myself actually". I looked at the 3 bowls in different shapes and sizes all being a different color, but holding the same elephants on them. I saw two bowls with birds on them, automatically thinking of my sister. She has a fear of real birds, but loves the beauty of crafted ones. "Do you think you can make two bowls, one large and one small, two cups, the same size, and two plates, one large and one small, with some sort of bird design".

"Of course. What colors would you like the bowl and the design to be?" I looked to him and smiled only to see a small smile cover his lips right after me. He must be a contagious smiler, because as soon as I saw his smile mines broadened.

"How about the dishes should be white, with blue and grey detailing on the birds. Does that work?"

"Of course it does, I'll write that down right now". He walked quickly to what I assume to be the bathroom, since he came out with clean hands. Once he was back he started to write his order; I looked at his list of the base color and details before I stopped him.

"Don't forget my bowls. I do love my elephants you know". He chuckled and shook his head.

"I won't". He said teasingly. He smiled and wrote down my bowls adding up the price. "That will be 72 dollars". I handed over my debit card before putting in my pin, and grabbing my receipt from his beautiful hands. They were very strong, but held a delicacy to them all the while. "I will package your bowls right now, but the dishes for your sister won't be ready for a week".

"That's fine". He smiled and went over to start packaging my bowls. He wrapped each one in newspaper before putting them in a box that could hold all three. I thanked him, and I was about to leave when Bel decided that he was going to invite him to our lunch tomorrow when we would continue our Christmas shopping. Of course he would, I love and hate him at the same time. I get to see Isaac some more, but that also means that I have a greater chance of becoming infatuated with someone that is not interested.

"I would say yes, but Marc here looks like he'd rather I didn't, and I don't want to intrude". Now I have to say yes, I can't be rude.

"What, no. I would love it if you would come". How much more awkward could I have made that? I just wanted to go sit in shame, but I had to stand here and bare Bel telling him when and where it would be. Once he was finished we both waved goodbye and walked to the car. Bell sure did have it coming alright.