Test For What . . . ?

Chapter 15

My body tensed against Damen’s as the shock in Mom’s voice rang through my ears. This was bad—no beyond bad. How would I even explain this to her? As I stared at her staring at me something suddenly clicked that made all the blood rush to my face; Damen hadn’t stopped kissing my neck. There was only one thing that could have made this whole thing any worse than it already was—

“Honey what’s taking you so long I have to get back to work soon?” And there it was. Please don’t let him walk inside . . . let him stay outside and wait for Mom to step out after having the shock of her life . . . he didn’t need to get one too. I mean to him I was still his little virgin princess.

Against all my hoping Dad walked inside and took Mom by the hand. When he noticed that she didn’t respond to his touch he followed her gaze across the room.  I watched the blood leave his face as he took in the sight before him.

“Damen . . . stop . . .” I mumbled.

“Why?” He mumbled back. “You’re already in trouble; do you want to be in trouble and still lusting? That’s not a very good combination, trust me.”

“You son of a bitch, get away from her!” Dad shouted as he practically flew across the room and jerked Damen away. Oh crap this was all really happening. Dad shoved him further away from me then began sizing him up. “You’re one of those boys from across the lake. What the hell are you doing all the way over here boy?” Damen opened his mouth to speak but that seemed to have only irritated Dad further. Dad’s eyes flashed to the floor where our clothes had been conveniently stored. I felt myself blush. Dad grabbed Damen’s pants and threw it on him. “Get on some clothes.” He muttered in disgust. Damen grabbed his pants and threw it on immediately.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Ryder enter the house from the kitchen. The shock was evident as he entered the livingroom. He looked me in the eyes and saw just how terrified I was but before we could exchange any words I was drawn back to attention.

“You get on your clothes too missy!” He ordered. I stared at him all wide eyed, not sure if I remembered how to move. “Now!” I jumped slightly at his sudden outburst then quickly began scrambling around the room to get my different articles of clothing. I had never seen him this livid before. I didn’t even know what he was capable of doing while in this state. If one could die from embarrassment then I would have been stone cold by now. As I went around the room grabbing what I could find Dad ordered Damen to stay right where he was then he grabbed his clothes and threw them to him ordering that he get properly dressed.

My brain was such a frazzled messed that I began panicking when I could find my skirt. I thought for sure that Dad would have become even more annoyed at me and who knows maybe even hit me. I started breathing harder; that was a scary thought. I felt something hovering over me and when I looked it was my skirt. Mom had found it and was handing it to me. I couldn’t bring myself to look her in the eyes so with my gaze to the floor I took the skirt and threw it on as quickly as I could with my shaky hands.

“Now si’down!” Dad thundered after he saw that I had gotten dressed. I hurried over to the sofa and my butt found that seat faster that it had ever done before. As I stared down at the hard wood floor I could tell that Mom was looking at me. I began fiddling with my fingers in attempt to calm my nerves but it wasn’t working very well. They would want an explanation—one that I couldn’t give. “You,” he said to Damen, “get out of my house before I blow your brains out.”

“Dad!” I shouted out of pure reflex. He couldn’t have done that.

“Be quiet over there!” He blasted. I shut up immediately. By now I could feel the tears welling in my eyes. Mom took a seat beside me and tried rubbing my shoulders to soothe me.  I sat perfectly still. Ryder placed something on my lap then climbed into the chair and rested his hand on top of it. I stroked his fur twice then placed my hand under his head and took my scrunchie. I had almost forgotten that I had come downstairs with my hair pulled back in a ponytail. Mom took the scrunchie from my hand and redid my hair. I wanted to say thank but no words would come out; I was told to be quiet.