The Unlucky Chapter

Wednesday came and went and it came around to be Thursday. Everything was going good. John didn't make any more moves and the boys were having a good time in Miami. We stayed in the mansion most of the time. The girls always waited outside just to catch a glimpse of their idols. I would laugh when I looked out the window to see John trying to get the newspaper but the girls refused to give it to him unless he came outside the gates.  

Eventually, he would give up and angrily traveled back into the mansion. Cynthia and Jane left early for Liverpool and Brian was going to stay a day late to finish up some stuff. Once in a while, I would catch John staring at me. I would catch his eyes and he would look away, smiling slightly. So, Thursday night, the last night we had in America, I decided to cook dinner for the boys. 

The only thing I knew how to cook was spaghetti. So that is what I decided to make. Around 4:30 I began to boil the water when John walked in. 

"What are ya cooking?" He stood beside me and looked into the pit. 

"I just started." I giggled at him, "But I'm making Italian." He licked his lips and grabbed my waist pulling me closer. He flipped me around and kissed me. 

"John, no." I pushed him away but he pulled me back in and kissed me again. It felt so good but so wrong at the same time. His lips were rough against mine and wonderful. But I pushed him away again when I heard a voice in the arch way to the dining room. 

"George?" I looked over John's shoulder. George had seen the entire thing. 

"Ringo!" George called for his friend and my eyes widened. He raced out of my vision, and I looked back at John. 

"God damn John." He frowned and looked at his shoes, and I sighed. 

"I'm sorry." He said, "I ruined everything." 

"No shit, tell that to Ringo." I turned around and put down the heat on the stove, before walking out of the kitchen to the bottom of the stairs. Ringo stood at the top of the stairs with George and Paul watching from a distanced. 

I could tell he was heartbroken, but he put on a strong face. 

"Ringo, I-" He walked down the stairs and looked into my green eyes. 

"Do you love John?"

 "Ringo!" 

"Mallory," He whispered, seriously. 

"John tricked me!" I tried to explain. 

"Mallory," He stopped me, by putting his finger to my mouth, "It's ok." He pulled away his finger.

 "And John, wait." I was surprised, "It's ok?" 

"Yes, you weren't officially my girlfriend." He explained, blowing me away, "So, it's o-ok." He looked like he was about to cry. Can't blame him, I wanted to cry too. 

"No! Ringo," He swung me around, of my feet, and got really close to my face. 

"I hope you’re happy with John." He dropped me on the hard floor and went back up the stairs. I was surprised. But I just got up and walked back into the kitchen to finish the dinner.

*************************************************************************************************

Ringo didn't come down for dinner, which didn't surprise me. The others thanked me quietly for the dinner and we all ate in silence. I ate the fastest before quickly putting the dishes in the sink and running up the stairs. I came to Ringo's door and I knew he was inside. I lightly brought up my hand and tapped the door and it pushed open a little bit. Ringo was sitting put on the edge of his bed, with his back to the door, looking out at the darkening sky. 

"Ringo?" I spoke quietly before walking over and sitting next to him. He avoided my eyes and didn't speak. 

"Ringo, I am SO sorry." I was sincere, "I'm sorry for everything. I'm an idiot. I know after tomorrow, we won't ever see each other again. And you probably hate me for everything. And you have the right to. All I really want to say is that I'm sorry." 

"I hope you can forgive me." I kissed him on the cheek and walked out of the room, only to run into John outside the room. 

"Is everything ok?" He asked, with a worried look on his face. 

"NO John!" I yelled at him, "Everything is NOT ok. The person I freaking love hates my guts." I pushed past him and into the last bedroom free. I lay down on my side, my back facing the door. Tears silently made their way down my face.

Then, I heard the door open and a head peek inside. The lights were off and the sky was dark, so the only light in the room was the light flooding in from door. I pretended to be asleep; I didn't want this person to see me like this. All red and puffy. My body slowly rose and fell to make it appear I was sleeping. 

The person walked over to the bed and sat down with on the opposite side of where I was. They reach over and pushed me onto my back so my head would be facing up. I held my eyelids shut and continued to pretend to be asleep.

"I will always love you." I could recognize that voice anywhere. "And I know you can't hear me, but I just know, your amazing and lovely. Maybe in the future we could see each other." He brushed the hair out of my face to reveal my puffy eyes. "Oh, you have been crying, my sweet. Well, I can fix that." I felt his breathing getting closer and closer till I could fell it just on top of my face.

Then I felt soft pressure on lips, and I tried not to smile. 

"But if you cheat on me again, I am going to fucking kill who ever screwed you." The person left and shut the door behind them. I sat up and laughed really hard for a few minutes, before calming down. 

"Thank you, Richard. Thank you."