Chapter 9: A Lust for the Party, and Ringo

We all walked into this club, 60's like of course. There were tables, a large bar on the side, a dance floor, with records blazing loud, and a stage which had a few instruments set up but no one was playing. John and Paul sat down next to some girls and flirted with them. George walked to the bar and sat next to girls and ordered them drinks. 

"Let's go dance." He pulled my hand towards the dance floor but I shook my head. I never really been a good dancer, and I thought I was pretty horrible. "Please?" He was wearing a little puppy dog face. 

"I can't dance Ringo." 

"That's ok, I can't ether." This made me laugh. He finally pulled me onto the dance floor. A fast song was playing so Ringo shook his head back in forth in a silly way, and I just copied. We moved our hands up and down, and my long black hair flung back and forth.

Soon a slow song was being played and we came close. I reached my hands around his neck, while his went to my waist. We slowly moved back and forth. Our bodies were inches from each other.

But we didn't need to speak; we both knew how we felt about each other. The one thing I didn't want to happen. I was falling love with Ringo. And even worst, he was in love with me. 

"You want a drink?" We walked of the dance floor and sat at a table. I nodded and he walked over to the bar. Even though, at this time I was pretty sure I was underage, I didn't really care. He walked back over with to tall glasses and handed one to me. I took a sip and thanked Ringo.

We sat in silence while we finished our drinks. Then John and Paul walked over with some girl clinging to them.

"How are you two doing?" Paul asked, peering at our empty glasses.

"Fine, You?" I answered before Ringo.

"Great." He looked at the girl standing next to him and I figured one night stand standards apply here only. They walked onto the dance floor and danced with the girls.

**********************************************************************************************

It was about an hour later, about 10:30, and Ringo and I were having a great time, dancing and talking and such. All of a sudden, the music stopped and a woman walked up to a microphone on the stage. 

"We will now allow live singing for those who want to sing." She left the stage and the music started up again. Ringo nudged me in the side. 

"You should sing Mallory." He smiled and nodded, "I can help you." I sighed. What song could I sing? 

"Ok." Why did I just say that? So I walked up to the stage and sat down at the piano. I looked over at the person controlling the records and nodded at them. They stopped the record, and everyone noticed me on stage. I cracked my fingers and started to play. 

Let's all get up and dance to a song

That was a hit before your mother was born.

Though she was born a long, long time ago

Your mother should know (Your mother should...)

Your mother should know (...know.)

Sing it again. 

At this point, I heard Ringo play a little bit on the drums behind me, and I looked out to see People smile and dance slowly with the beat. Eventually even Paul got on stage and began playing the bass. I smiled and sung the rest of the song the best I could.