Lav-pants and Scars

"A scar simply means that you are stronger than whatever tried to hurt you." Anonymous

"Form every wound there is a scar and every scar tells a story. A story that says 'I survived'." Anonymous

                                                                             **************

Once the angel catching was done, Ferris briefly turned on the lights in Angel Hollow revealing the room in all of its glory to us. Immediately the angels still in their bubbles started to screech, they hated the lights more than I thought. Beside me Saffy squinted and shielded her eyes, all of the angels did.

"Are you okay?" I ask Saffy, placing my hand on her shoulder.

She flinches away from me, "Yes Chaos. I just have not seen the light in many years."

"You haven't seen the light in many years?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"It makes us easier to train once we have been converted." Saffy winces and presses her fingers to her forehead, massaging her temples.

"What the heck does converted mean?"

"Converted from human to angel status." Saffy opened one eye, almost forcing it to adjust to the bright lights before blinking several dozen times.

"How-"

"Not now Chaos."

"Okay."

I gave her one more concerned look before I checked out Angel Hollow in its entirety before Ferris turned off the lights again. The first thing I thought of was a fish tank. A colossal fish tank with walls and a roof made entirely out of thick glass. The floor was a patchwork of grass, gravel, glistening puddles and holes in the floor that the bubbled angels were flying into quick smart. The bats squawked and squealed, flying around and around before zooming through a tiny vacant whole in the floor.

It was what was behind the glass that I wasn't expecting. Hundreds of people, angels and retrievers were seated in rows making a sea of faces that were standing up to provide cheer and applause.

"What are they doing here?" I turned to Saffy who was now looking down, keeping her eyes barely open.

"They come to watch every year The angel catching is a big spectacle on Level 3." Saffy replied but her face turned dark as she seemed to spot somebody in the crowd that she didn't like.

"What's wrong? Who do you see?" I ask suddenly searching the faces for Crisis and Calamity.

"My sister."

"You have a sister." I turn to her surprised. It shouldn't surprise me that she has siblings and a family, she was a person after all.

"I have four. All older and one brother much younger."

"Wow."

"I guess."

I couldn't find either of my siblings but I could see Msaliti and Bliss sitting in the front row. It was always strange to see them together, they were polar opposites. Msaliti was so happy and vibrant, her elderly features seemed to glow, for a woman her age, she had to be over seventy, she was extremely lithe. Bliss was young, probably in her early twenties, but her sour expression ruined her stunning beauty. Bliss was jumping up and down, cheering loudly with everyone else while Bliss was sitting there staring down at us with distaste. Not that that surprised me one bit. It did surprise me however that she was staring at me. Again. I had faced the full force of her glare yesterday during the ceremony and now I was again. Perhaps I just stood out because of my hair and I drew her attention. I hoped that was the reason and at the same time I didn't.