School Sucks

*Journal Entry*

"Hi you are probably wondering a few things like my name, age, and who I am. Well my name is AJ Crawford, I am 15 years old in 9th grade. Who am I you ask well I'm "Just That Girl Over There".

You see AJ my name was given to me by my parents them wanting to mean, fearless, beautiful, and outgoing. I personally don't see myself as any of that. I'm not fearless I am a scaredy cat, i'm certainly not beautiful my parents and friends say I am but I just don't see beauty I have straight light brown hair with the slightest curls at the bottom and light brown eyes. Well I'm definitly not outgoing I am super shy that's the reason I only have 3 friends and I personally see ourselves as outcasts.

We have Neon she is I guess you can say what people would call emo but she is not she has a scene haircut that is the color blue and purple and bright blue eyes she looks emo but isn't. There's also Kade he is the least outcast he is semi popular he has black hair that hangs over his eyes and dark brown eyes. Then there is April who has light brown hair like me and jade green eyes. Honestly I don't know how we became friends or how we get along but I'm glad they are my friends with all their personalities.

Neon is actually really loud, outgoing, and a rebel. Kade also a rebel, sporty, and super nice. And April is perky, loud, and crazy. But then again we are all crazy for being friends.

*End of Journal Entry*

I shut my journal and slip it in it's usual spot in my bookshelf. I finish getting ready for school by putting on some mascara and putting on some light blue Toms. Grabbing my back pack and slinging it over my shoulder, I rush down stairs and grab some toast. Munching it in my mouth while I open the front door with my free hand and close the door behind and walk down the steps.

Slowly walking down the hill I turn the corner to see Neon on her phone, while laying on the sidewalk not even caring.

"Neon what are you doing?" I ask walking carefully over her then turning to face her.

"Texting and waiting for you...you do realize you're..." She pauses and looks at her phone. "Three minutes late." Neon finally finishes.

Rolling my eyes I playfully kick her leg. She pretends to be hurt, but then she just gets up and brushes off her skinny jeans. I pick up her backpack for her and hand her it.

"Do you want to get an Icee at Holiday before we head off to that dreadful place we call school?" Neon asks and I just laugh. "Sure" I say while giggling. We walk to holiday which was just a few feet away from us.

The air blows into our face as we enter Holiday. I walk over to the Icee station and grab the largest size cup. I fill it with all three flavors, first banana, then sour apple, and finally blue rasberry. Neon does the same and we get in line to pay. We put both the cups on the counter at the same time.

"Your total is 6.47." The cashier says in a nasal voice. "Since it was your idea you pay." I say turning to look at Neon. "Fine...here you go." She hands her the money and we grab our Icee's and leave.

I sip my Icee enjoying the flavors mixed together. "We're almost to school." I say in between sips. "Ugh, why do they torture us?!" She complains.

"Dude you're overreacting." I say using Kade's catch phrase. Neon laughs and playfully punches me in the arm.

"If he sees us drinking an Icee and we didn't get him any he is going to kill us." She says as we approach the school. I nod and finish my Icee throwing it away in a near by trashcan.

"Aren't you going to throw your's away too?" I ask looking at her Icee that has nothing in it. "Nah I'll make him believe there is something left for him to drink." She says smiling evilly. Then we enter and see Kade.

"HEY KADE!" Neon yells practically half way across the school. So many eyes are on us my cheeks turn bright red and I run off to the bathroom. Entering the bathroom I drop my stuff right near the entrance and lock myself in a stall. I hear footsteps coming into the bathroom.

"AJ are you ok?" Neon asks worried. "Neon you know how shy I am why would you do that?" I ask feeling so embarrased, warm tears stream down my face.

"I'm sorry I just forget, come on I think everything is fine let's go." She says coming closer to the stall. I unlock the stall and step out, then wipe my tears and reapply my mascara.

After leaving the bathroom we go upstairs and enter our math class. I hear whispers everywhere about how I ran off into the bathroom crying. Some people were even starting rumours saying that I threw up in the middle of the hallway and crap like that. I hear the bell ring and I lower my head to look at a paper that just got handed out. It's a math page that we will be working on.

"AJ." I hear someone whisper. I look around confused. "AJ." I hear again a little bit louder, I just pretend like I didn't hear it this time. "AJ!" I hear it in a normal voice, I whip my head around to see Cameron Whef.

"What?" I ask quitely. "Is it true you threw up all over your friend then ran to cry in the bathroom?" He asked smirking.

"NO!" I half yelled and half whispered, then got back to the equations on my paper.

"Well..uh..one of the guys on my football team think you're cute." He says, making my heart skip a beat. Then he bursts out laughing high fiving his friend.

"Dude she actually fell for it!" He whispers laughing. Making me feel worthless again, no one cares for my feelings and they like to embarrass me because I'm shy. They are going to see the real me.