Chapter 9

Nicole's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face. Yesterday truly had been the best day of my life. I couldn't believe all this had resulted from Mel getting hurt. I wasn't glad she got hurt, but I was glad that things turned out the way they did. She was okay, and we were now friends with One Direction! Talk about a dramatic life change! It hasn't even been a week since the accident and so much has happened since then. I'm so grateful that everything turned out the way it did. I looked over to see that Mel was already up and out of bed. I got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Since we've been best friends for so long, we act like each others house is our own. She was eating a bowl of fruit loops and drinking a glass of apple juice happily.

"Good morning Coco," Mel said through a mouthful of fruit loops. She had started calling me that a while back and I don't really know where she got it from but whatever. I've learned to just go with Mel's craziness in order to keep my sanity. I love her to death, but seriously, that girl is a mess! She's so random and a lot of times she makes no sense at all, but that's what makes her her.

"Real classy, Mel. Don't even swallow first," I said sarcastically.

"Hey now, you know I ain't never been accused of being classy. And this is my house, I feel I have the freedom to eat as rudely as I choose," she stated bluntly.

I jut laughed and went over to the pantry. I grabbed the box of Frosted Flakes that they kept specify for me. I went over to the cabinet and got a bowl and some milk from the fridge. After I had my bowl of cereal, I went to sit next to Mel.

"So what time are the boys coming over?," I asked.

"Uh I'm not sure. I'll text Liam and ask him," she replied, reaching for her phone.

"Isn't it so weird that you have his number? I mean just last week he had no clue we existed," I stated.

"Yeah it's really weird, but believe me, I ain't complaining," she answered.

*buzz buzz buzz*

Mel picked up her phone and opened the message.

"He said they would be over at 10 if that was okay with us," she read, looking up at me when she finished.

I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 8:45. "That's fine with me. We already took our showers last night so we don't need much time," I replied.

"Okay cool. I'll tell him," she said, typing away on her phone.

I finished my cereal and put my bowl in the sink. I walked up the stairs and grabbed my clothes. Since today was a lazy day, I decided to wear some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I didn't feel like straightening my long, thick hair either so I just pulled it into a messy bun. Guys don't understand how messy buns work. Even though its supposed to look sloppy, you have to perfect you hair until it reaches the right amount of sloppiness. As I began to put on my makeup, Mel walked into her room and put on some yoga pants and a t-shirt. She walked over to the bathroom and stood beside me, starting to pull her hair into a bun as well.

"Wassup big booty Judy?," I asked playfully, the smirk growing on my face.

"Shut up Nicole, I can't help it that I'm a white girl with a black girl booty," she said, rolling her eyes.

I just laughed and smacked her in the butt. I always mess with her cause her butt is so big. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's just fun to mess with her. She gets so worked up. He tried to smack me back, but I dodged it before she got me. Ahaha success!

I finished my makeup and Mel finished hers about five minutes later. We both brushed our teeth and went back downstairs to see what movies there were.