Chapter 8

Liam's POV

I walked out of the hospital with a smile on my face. I was so glad Mel was doing good and she seemed to be recovering fast. It made me feel so happy to know that what we had done had meant so much to her. Mel and Nicole seemed really nice, and I could tell all the boys seemed to like them too. I couldn't wait until Mel was released from the hospital. The doctor said she could leave tomorrow. I was really excited that Mel and Nicole were going to show us around Atlanta. We never really got much time off, so when we did, we usually went back home to visit our families. This was going to be a whole new experience, and I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. I was really curious as to where they were going to take us. Mel had this smirk on her face when she said she knew exactly where to take us. On one hand it made me extremely nervous, but on the other it made me really excited. I was more than thrilled that management agreed to let Mel and Nicole come with us to the show in Miami. It surprisingly didn't take that much begging to get management to give in. I just used my "puppy dog eyes" that the fans say are so irresistible. They gave in pretty quickly after that. This was going to be a great week and I hope that the friendship we've started to develop with the girls will last for a long, long time.

By the time I was done doing all my thinking, we had made it to the hotel we would be staying at for the rest of the week. We had just been sleeping on the tour bus in the hospital parking lot, but since we'd be staying here for a few more days, we decides to stay at a hotel. When we pulled up to the doors at the hotel, there were paparazzi swarming everywhere. How did they know we were here? Sometimes it scared me, the fact that millions of crazy fans and relentless paparazzi knew when and where we were going to be somewhere. It's just plain creepy. I saw on Twitter once that some of our fans hacked into an airports security cameras to watch Harry do literally nothing. I mean how ridiculous is that? And the paps are inanely annoying and invasive. Seriously, get a proper job you dicks. Whoa Liam, calm down. Oh my gosh I'm talking to myself. I need help. I should stop thinking now.

We got out of the limo and politely waved to the paps. Luckily, there were no fans around, so we got to go straight inside. Don't get me wrong, I love the fans to death and I admire their dedication and support, but it can all be a bit overwhelming sometimes. There are some days when we are tired and just want to go straight into a building without having to take a hundred pictures and sign a bunch of autographs. This was one of those days, so I'm sure we were all grateful the fans didn't know we were here. However, the paps were throwing a bunch of ridiculous questions at us. They asked things like, "Harry, have any special ladies in there?" "Niall, have you found your princess yet?" "Zayn, do you really love Perrie or is it just a publicity stunt?" "Louis, is Larry real?" and "Liam, any new girls since Danielle?"

Ouch. That one hurt.

I hadn't heard that name in a while. I know our breakup was for the best, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. It's been a couple months since we broke up, yet she still made her way into my mind. Strangely, I hadn't thought about her ever since I saw Mel for the first time. Mel had been the only girl on my mind for the past few days, and I don't know why. I guess I've just been really worried about her.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard one of the paps ask, "Who is the mystery girl that got hurt at the concert? Why have you been staying at the hospital? Are one of you dating this mystery girl?" I didn't turn around. I just kept walking until we made it to the lift. (A/N: I cringed while writing this. I'm American, we say elevator) I hated how everybody in the media was always sticking their noses in all of our business. It just pisses me off.

We made it to our rooms and split up. It was Harry and Louis in one room, Niall and Zayn in the other, and me by myself. Normally I don't like to be by myself, but today I was relieved to be alone. I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone. I'm happy, yes, but I just want to think. What do I want to think about? Well honestly, I'm not really sure. I guess I just need to think about all that's happened these past three days, and figure out why I feel so strongly about being there for Mel. I can't describe the way I feel around her. She literally can brighten up anyone's day with that smile. I know it sounds like I have romantic feelings for Mel, but I really don't think I do. I do, however, really want to become her friend an get closer to her. I just feel happy around her. Wow that's a lot of thinking I think I'm going to get settled, shower, and then go to bed. That sounds like a great idea. I'm talking to myself again. Oh God, help me now. I've gone mental.