Chapter 3

Nicole's POV

"Get in the car," Mel commanded me with a smirk as she hopped off the hood and made her way to the driver's side.

"Mel, what's going on? I'm about to go to dinner with my parents," I asked, the confusion evident in my voice.

"Just get in the car Nicole. Now."

She looked at me with all seriousness, so I just took a look back to my house and sighed. I hopped in the car and looked at Mel as she backed out of my driveway and drove away. I didn't say anything for a few minutes, but the silence in the car was killing me. I reached over and turned on the radio. A country song started blaring through the speakers, and I rolled my eyes while Mel just grinned at me.

The song was beyond country. It was just straight up hillbilly and redneck. I mean, my gosh, it even said "red, red, red, red, red, red, red, red, redneck" in the song. See that's the thing about me and Mel. We were both born and raised in Atlanta, but Mel had enough southern in her to suffice for the both of us.

She always argued that she didn't have a southern accent, but she was most definitely mistaken. I, on the other hand, had only a tinsy, tiny southern accent. I don't say things like "y'all" or "daggum, it's hot as all get out in here!' But Mel says stuff like that all the time, and I just can't help but laugh.

The song ended so I turned down the radio and decided to speak up.

"Where are we going Mel? My parents are going to kill me for just leaving like that!"

"Relax Nicole, your parents know exactly where you're going," she replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I was still completely clueless, and I guess Mel noticed that because she huffed and reached back for her purse.

"I was going to wait until we got there, but since you look like you're about to have a panic attack, here," she sighed as she handed me a sealed envelope with Nicole written on the front in her neat handwriting.

I curiously opened up the envelope, as I had no clue what was inside it. Once it was open I froze. I completely forgot how to speak, breathe, or move. This can't be real life. I must be dreaming.

"Nicole. Nicole. NICOLE!," Mel yelled. I snapped out of the frozen state I was in and pulled the two most beautiful pieces of paper I had ever seen out of the envelope.

"Oh my gosh this is a joke right?," I squealed. My amount of joy at the moment was indescribable.

"No, it's not a joke. Why do you think I kidnapped you?," Mel replied with a laugh.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. I guess I was afraid to get excited only to be let down. But now I could freak out and scream like any person in my situation would.

Mel had given me the best present I could ever dream of. Two front row, yes I said FRONT ROW tickets to see One Direction. They are literally perfection, especially Harry Styles. Ugh, I just love him so much.

"Thank you so much Mel! This is the best present I've ever gotten. How did you get these?," I asked curiously.

"Well, me being the amazing friend I am, I woke up super early on a Saturday morning to call the radio and be the 'lucky 10th caller' as they put it," she explained.

"Awww you must love me!," I laughed.

"I suppose I do. Now try your best not to die, but I have one more surprise," Mel looked at me with a grin.

My eyes widened and I looked at her anxiously, urging her to tell me.

"There is a meet and greet before the concert, and we are going," she told me happily.

I screamed and she shushed me so she could focus on her driving. I calmed down and we finally pulled up to the arena.

"Oh my gosh Mel, our lives are about to change," I said as I stepped out of the car and fixed my dress.

If I only knew how true that statement was...

----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Okay so I really liked this chapter. And being new to this whole thing, your comments made my day. Thanks for reading. Updates coming soon!

~Rebecca