Chapter 12 - The Plan

"Stark, you seeing this?" Steve questioned through the headpiece.

"Seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he showed up yet?" He then asked.

"Banner?" Steve asked. No one had seen Banner or his alter green ego and we weren't exactly expecting too... given the situation I wasn't exactly sure we wanted to see him either.

"Just keep me posted." Tony finished.

We jogged and took cover behind a few cabs to discuss our next move, but before we could say anything a dozen hover crafts sped overhead, firing their weapons into the crowds running down the street that were trying to escape.

"Loki." Steve stated, noticing who was leading them after he had apparently left the Stark Tower.

Fire was being thrown in every direction as the cars and streets blew up, sending shrapnel flying.

"They're fish in a barrel down there." Steve stated just as a few of Loki's Chitauri, as Thor had called them, leapt to the ground, facing us and ready for a fight.

"We've got this, you go." Nat said to Steve.

"Do you think you can hold them off?" He questioned.

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." Clint stated, ready to get some payback as he reached for an arrow and stood, firing it right in the head of one of the Chitauri. He had used one with a yellow tip so upon impact it exploded, taking out three more that were standing right next to it.

Nat joined in, standing with her handguns and firing round after round while Steve took off on his own to help the people further down the road. Two of the Chitauri charged at me as I reached for my hand guns that were strapped to my thighs. I fired to two shots, hitting them both in the forehead as they dropped instantly to the ground. Another three came at me and I repeated the same thing and the bullets ripped straight through their heads.

Nat and I continued to fire our guns, covering Clint as he ran to a bus filled with people and helped them out. The guns only held ten rounds each and before long I was reloading and slamming another mag in. I only brought one spare for each gun, however, so once I was out I tucked them back into the holsters on my thighs and whipped out the blades on my forearm.

I guess it was time for some close quarters combat. I kept telling myself that it was just a demo, that I was back in world war two trying to sell weapons to the military by giving them a hell of good demonstration.

I saw a red light flash in the bottom right hand corner of my aviators, indicating that a target was approaching me from behind and to the left. I spun just as the Chitauri lunged, ducking under his attempt and then ramming the dagger up under his chin. Told you the sunglasses would come in handy.

Another red light flashed on the left hand side, telling me to turn to my left as another came at me. I ran and ducked, skidding along the ground. As I slid past him I hit the button on the ring dagger and the blade shot out an extra metre, effortlessly slicing him in half.

Nat managed to get her hands on one of the Chitauri's spears and began using that while Clint began to fire arrow after arrow. Cap was then suddenly charging back to where we were, taking out another four Chitauri as he did, seemingly effortlessly, but six more landed in front up us, with bigger weapons than the last lot.

But we didn't have a chance to attack them or them us before a bolt of lightening hit them all and Thor came flying down, standing up proudly in front of us.

"The power surrounding the cube in impenetrable." Thor stated as he walked over to us.

"Thor is right, we gotta deal with these guys." Tony added through the headset as he flew overhead.