Chapter 5 - Thunder

After Fury left me alone I didn't waste any time in getting to work. The last time I had my own working space and equipment was World War II with Howard. I'd worked on different designs, I created a couple of computers on the way, but I hadn't actually had a lab because I had to keep myself hidden from the people I now worked for. But I never lost the knowledge and I didn't feel rusty at all.

In the first hour I had started blueprints for dozens of different ideas and had a pile of dot points and brainstorming. I was about to go to Fury and ask him what I should start on, but then I remembered his words; 'You have free range to do and build whatever you like.' I smiled at myself before pulling out my favorite design and began to finish the blueprint.

I was almost done when Agent Coulson came into the room. "Agent Morgan, they've located Loki. He's in Germany. Fury would like you to be on the aircraft, they'll be leaving in ten minutes."

"What am I doing?" I asked as I ran behind him.

"Natasha will be flying the aircraft, but if she needs to help Captain Rogers and Mr Stark then you will take over."

"I didn't know Tony Stark had arrived yet."

"He hasn't. He'll meet us there." Coulson stated as he continued to lead me to the roof where the all of the aircrafts were. "Fury also believes it best that where Loki is concerned you should remain close to him as..."

"He can't control me." I concluded, already hearing this today.

"Yes, exactly. Your wound appears to be healing remarkably well." Coulson said, changing subject. I looked down at my arm where I had now removed the bandage. I small insignificant scab remained. "I assume that fast healing is has to do with the ability to control your body completely?"

"Yes." I stated simply.

"Do you have theories of what will happen as your brain capacity continues to grow?"

"Many. Although explaining them would take longer than we have."

"No doubt, but I should like to hear them some time."

"Then I'd be happy to tell you." I smiled sweetly at him as we finally made it to the aircraft.

"Let's go!" Nat yelled impatiently. I sighed and jumped on, finding Steve inside wearing his Captain America uniform.

"New and improved, huh?" I gestured to his new outfit.

"Yeah, it's not as itchy as the old one. Same shield, though." He said as he turned it around in his hands. I was there when Howard had given his shield to him.

It didn't take us long in S.H.I.E.L.D's high-powered airplane to reach Germany and it took us even less time to find Loki. He was standing outside a museum with crowds of people kneeling around him. Not to mention he was wearing his green cape and Asgardian clothing like he was the first time I'd seen him, however, this time he also had a helmet that had horns that curved back. I couldn't decide if it was ridiculous or menacing.

An old man had refused to kneel before him and Loki was raising his scepter, presumably about to kill. "Steve!" I yelled.

"I've got it!" He yelled back before quite literally running out of the airplane and into the air falling I don't want to know how many feet and landing in front of the man just in time to reflect Loki's laser attack with his shield.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else... we ended up disagreeing." Steve yelled over to Loki, clear for everyone else to hear.

Loki said something back, but we couldn't hear it in the plane and Nat dropped lower and activated the lower gun. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." She demanded over the speaker. He smiled again and sent another blue beam flying at the plan that Nat was just able to dodge.