Tobi & Jessica

This is the second part of the one shot requested by @Xjessicarobertsonx
I hope you like it and I'm very sorry about the lateness!

*Jessica's POV*
I sat on Simon's bed, my face expressionless, my body frozen. I stared ahead at Simon's monitors, my face blank. Simon came back into the room and sat down next to me. I looked down in shame. I went against Simon to be with Tobi, but I had come back crying to Simon.

"Jessica..." Simon mumbled.

"I'm sorry Simon." I croaked, my voice hoarse.

"You know, Tobi's been beaten up twice by me now." Simon chuckled half heartedly. "And he's my friend. One of my best friends. I never wanted to do it to him. I even accepted you two... Eventually."

I looked up at Simon, frowning. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying you two went through a lot to be together. You two stayed strong for so many years, and in that long run, Tobi weakened a little."

I shook my head. "Simon... You're standing up for him? He cheated on me!"

"I know Jessica, but he loves you. He was completely broken when I went back. I may have beaten him up physically, but he's beating himself up mentally. What you had was real, you know that, don't you?"

I looked at Simon, my eyes glazed with tears. "If what we had was real, why would he do that to us? Why would he burn it down and kill us? We've been together for years, going through each day together, telling each other how much we loved us. But it was all lies. If we were weak enough for him to do that, then we were weak enough to be a lie." My voice broke along with my heart as I broke out into sobs. I loved Tobi so much, but he didn't. He didn't get what he wanted from me, I wasn't the whole package; and that was why he cheated on me...

*********

I sat on the cold metal chair, waiting for Simon. I looked at the TV in front of me, showing the planes that were about to take off, carrying people who wanted to fulfil their dreams, become who they want to be, make their family proud; be successful. But the planes were also carrying people who were running away - running away from pain and hatred; from sadness and love, and I was soon going to be one of them.

"Boarding passes checked, passports checked, my entire bag... Checked." Simon murmured as he sat down next to me, an angry tone in his voice. "What were you carrying anyway?" I asked.

"A deodorant. And my camera." Simon answered.

"Why are you carrying a camera? It's not like this is something you can record."

"What? You running away to be away from Tobi? Of course I can." Simon scoffed.

I glared at Simon. "You were the one that suggested this, and I'm not running away... I'm just getting away."

"That's the same thing!"

"Whatever. Our flights boarding, come on." I mumbled, getting up as images of my past with Tobi flashed through my mind. I looked down at the floor as the tears appearing in my eyes threatened me.

"You ok Jess?" Simon asked, noticing my glassy eyes. I looked up at him and nodded, unable to speak. "Look, I was just joking. Don't get upset. Just imagine, Brazil. Sun, sea, sand... Hot guys." Simon smirked as he wiggled his eyebrows at me. A hint of a smile creeped up onto my face.

"Yeah I think you'll be able to hook up with a few guys there, get away from Ethan ey?" I smirked, causing Simon to roll his eyes and walk away. I chuckled and shook my head at his childishness before following him.