There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (33)

"Here comes the airplane!"

"I'm not a five-year-old!"

"You sure act like it."

"Look in a mirror," I responded to Alex flatly as he continued to try and shove a spoonful of questionable mush into my mouth. No way I'd ever eat something he was trying to give me, especially when it was unidentifiable. "Get that stuff away from me!"

"Oh, come on," Alex sighed, rolling his eyes and sticking the spoon closer to my lips. "Just one bite!"

"It looks like baby food!" I protested, leaning away from the spoon as much as I could without hurting myself.

"Because it is baby food," Alex grinned, shoving it a little closer.

"I'm not eating that crap! You can't make me!" I almost shouted, clamping my mouth shut afterwards. He couldn't make me eat that disgusting stuff! Baby food? Really? That was so disgusting! The only reasons babies ate it was because they didn't have any choice in the matter! I wasn't a child!

"You wanna bet?" Alex smiled, a mischievous look in his eye. I was about to shout for someone to help me until the hospital door opened the reveal the one person I was dying to see.

"Why are you feeding my girlfriend baby food?"

Good question! I'd like to know the answer myself!

"She needs to eat, Jesse," Alex informed him, wagging the spoon in front of his face tauntingly. "She can't starve. She'll die if she starves."

"But she doesn't have to eat mashed food made for babies," Jesse pointed out flatly, making his way to the other side of my bed and placing a tray that I didn't realize he was holding in my lap as carefully as he could. "I actually went and got her real food."

"I wanted to see her eat strained peas!"

"Ew, gross!"

"Here," Jesse sighed, ignoring his blonde friend and motioning to the food on the plate. "I got you a turkey sandwich. I know you can't have anything really extravagant, so I got you this."

"It's perfect," I groaned, quickly grabbing it and taking my first bite. For hospital food, it was pretty damn good. "Thank you so much. It's so much better than whatever Alex was going to give me."

"Don't go making it sound so sexual," Alex warned teasingly, and I only rolled my eyes at him and continued to stuff my face as Jesse pulled up a seat to sit next to my bed. Alex was on my left and Jesse was on my right.

"I can't wait to get out of here," I sighed once I was done with the sandwich and Jesse had moved the tray to the floor. "It gets boring here really easily. There's never anything on TV."

"You've only been here for four days," Alex informed me. "And you've only been awake one of those days."

I nodded almost eagerly, and I ignored the pain in my neck as I said, "Yeah, and I'm already bored. That just shows you how I won't be able to stay here for that much longer."

"One more week," Jesse smirked, leaning back in his chair as if he knew what was coming.

"A week?" I almost burst, my eyes going wide. How was I supposed to survive here for an entire week? That was completely ridiculous! I couldn't even last a day! I was going to kill Hunter myself for making me go through all of this! The stupid bastard!

"I'll stay with you the entire time, if you want," Jesse offered. I thought with the tone he was using that he was just joking at first, but when I turned to look at him I saw that he was being completely serious. Wow, well that was surprising.