There's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (15)

"Both you and your partner are going to have to go out and get the supplies for your project," Mrs. Winchester informed us as she continued to pace around the room. Great, I was going to have to go off the campgrounds and go shopping with Jesse? Worst project ever. And it was even worse since it's for chemistry.

I let out a sigh of annoyance, wishing that I could have just stayed in bed. Even though I wasn't sick anymore, I sure wished that I was. I didn't want to go shopping with Jesse Jacobsen! It seemed like it was going to be such a difficult time...

"Aw, cheer up, Emery," Jesse smirked, elbowing me in the side lightly. "I'm not that horrible to be around, am I?"

"Yes, you are," I muttered, resting my cheek in my palm. "You're unbearable."

"Love you, too, Emery."

I let out another breath, covering my face with my hands now. I couldn't wait until this year ended and I got as far away from him as possible. Though I didn't want him to die, I couldn't wait to get rid of him. When I called his teasing fun, I had been half asleep, and I had no idea what I was saying.

"I hate you."

"Hate you more."

He was seriously just trying to get on my nerves, wasn't he? Well, it was working, and I really just wanted to wring his neck. And I was supposed to go shopping with him later?

This wasn't going to go well at all.

When the time to go shopping rolled around, I seriously wasn't looking forward to it. The ride to the store was completely silent, but I knew that Jesse was amused as he drove us. The store was so far away from the camp, and we kept on passing forests and trees as we drove on the almost deserted road. There were a few houses here and there, but they looked more like vacation cabins or something. So it felt like I was pretty much utterly alone with Jesse Jacobsen.

And it sucked.

Majorly.

"I'm so glad it's Friday," I grumbled, placing my cheek in my hand as my elbow rested against the arm rest. I watched as trees flew by, and occasionally a house or a cabin as well. Even though I wasn't facing him, I knew that Jesse was smirking. I could just tell.

"Are you gonna start singing like Rebecca Black now?"

"No," I snapped, turning toward him now with a glare. "Just focus on the road, will you?"

"It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday," Jesse sang in a high-pitched voice, obviously trying to mock Rebecca Black's voice. Normally this would have been hilarious, but I seriously wasn't in a good mood and I wanted to just be in bed. When I clasped my hands over my ears, Jesse let out a strong bark of laughter.

"I think that song just may be the only thing that's more annoying than you," I informed him flatly. I removed my hands from my head and rested them in my lap. I didn't want to go shopping with Jesse. Right then, I didn't even want to go shopping with anyone. I didn't get why we had to go when it was dark out, but I didn't ask any questions about it. Jesse had just barged into my cabin and said that we were going.

But it was dark.

And, like I've said before, I hate the dark.

When we got to the store, I quickly shuffled inside while Jesse took his time coming in, smirking when he saw the impatient look on my face. One of these days I was going to slap that smirk of his face, no matter what it cost... He sure needed it.

Even though I tried to put a say into what we bought, Jesse just wouldn't let me. He bought everything that we needed for the project, and whenever I tried to put a word in, he would just cut me off and not let me do anything. Why did he get to do all of it? I wanted to be able to choose some things, too...