Chapter 1

Notes: This is something that I've been working on for a while now but here it finally is! I'd also like to thank my friend from Quizilla who made me this cover a while back and ArmyBrat213 for editing the first version of this forever ago.

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, any of the characters from those games or YOU all I own is my original characters and the plot line in this story. Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Oh no, this can't be good.' You thought miserably as you walked down the aisle to the throne room. You had been outside, in the castle garden, when one of your mother's handmaids told you that she wanted to see you.

You tried to think back and recall if you had done anything the wasn't very princess like recently but, came up with nothing... well there was that one thing but you doubted that they knew about it considering, that you covered your tracks pretty good.

Your heart beat quickened when you opened the throne room doors and saw your father sitting next to your mother. He was supposed to be visiting Hollow Bastion. What ever the matter was it was important if he had cut his visit short.

'I'm toast.' You thought miserably. You resisted the urge to flinch when he spotted you and called your name, in his booming regal voice. With a nervous smile plastered on your face you walked in front of them and stood, waiting for them to speak. An eerie silence filled the usually lively room, before your mother spoke. "I think we should both tell her sweetie." She cooed. "What a wonderful idea honey."

Most people could not pull off the royal way of speaking and if they could, it didn't fit their appearance well. Your parents, however, were one of the few people that could pull it off it suited them.

Your mother was thin with a wrinkle free face that was framed with shoulder length light blonde layered hair. She also had bright (color) eyes, which you had inherited, and perfectly arched, plump lips. Your father was a masculine man with broad shoulders and a slightly plump waist. The top of his head was coated with curly (color) hair.

"_____," Your mother began. "As you know your birthday is coming up." The mention of your birthday made caused you to perk up. 'Maybe they bought me an early present.' You thought giddily. "Your mother and I have thought long and hard about what we should get you," "Unfortunately, we drew a blank," "Until," Your mother continued. "Your sister sent us a postcard saying that she's getting married!" They explained excitedly. "That's great!" You said suprised that the prince of the Kingdom of Crystals had finally proposed to her. Your older sister Stella wasn't the nicest of people and could be very intolurable at times. When you were little you would always joke with your friends that she was secretly a dragon in disguise. You smiled at the thought before turning your attention back to your parents.

After a few more moments of your parents chattering excitedly you said, "Um...I'm happy and all but, what does that have to do with my birthday?" You knew that you kind of sounded rude but, your parents didn't always have the best ideas when it came to your well being.

You could already imagine them saying that your birthday gift was them throwing Stella's wedding. Plus when it came to things with Stella you weren't always on the fair side of the deal. "Well it gave us the idea for the perfect birthday gift to give you." "And what might that be?" You questioned wearily. "You're getting married!" They exclaimed.

You froze where you were and stared at them. "Come again?" You asked wide eyed. "You're getting married sweetie." Your mother must have saw the look on your face because she jumped in and said, "Oh don't worry I know what you're thinking 'I don't have a boyfriend, let alone know any boys, how in the world am I supposed to get married?' Well we are going to hold a masquerade ball. Doesn't that sound fun?" She exclaimed.

'This can't seriously be happening.' You thought miserably. "Then we will pick the young men that will be staying with us." Your father finished. If your jaw hadn't already dropped as far as it could go, it would have hit the floor.

"Wait hold on a second! What do you mean by 'staying' with us?" You asked. "Well, the princes that we choose will have to stay with us in order to give you time to get to know them and choose one to be your husband." Your mother explained. "But, I'm too young to be married! I'm only [AGE]." You shrieked.

"That's usually the standard age for royalty to get married [AGE]. That's when your father and I got married and now you." Your mother beamed brightly. "What about Stella? She's older than me and she's just now getting married! Why can't I wait?" You pleaded. "We thought you'd be happy dear." Your mother said softly.

You just couldn't help yourself and did something you'd probably later regret. You snapped. "Happy? Happy? How can I be happy when my parents are telling me that for my birthday they're getting me a husband? It's like you're trying to sell me off like I'm a cow!" You screamed in rage.

"That's enough! We thought that you'd be grateful to have someone by your side. And this is exactly why we thought that this would be the perfect gift for you. You're too rambunctious." Your father explained. "So you're saying that I need to be tamed by a man?" You spat acidly.

"I don't care if you can't see it now but this is for your own good." "My own goo-" "Enough! Not another word. You're getting married whether you like it or not. Now go to your room." He bellowed. With your anger boiling uncontrollably you turned and walked toward the door and before you left you shouted, "You're ruining my life!"

'Humph! I can't believe that they think that I'm going to go along with this! Ha! Those suitors have another thing coming.' You thought as you walked to your room and locked to door behind you.

You walked over to your window and opened it, staring out at the kingdom for a while and sighed. 'It's not fair.' After you had calmed down you crawled under your bed and grabbed a familiar item as you had done many times before. Giving it a soft tug to check for any lose threads you threw it out your window and climbed out to see the one person who could make this better, Roxas.

  ~Results~

"Well that went well." Your father said softly. "Oh give her some time, Richard. She'll come around eventually." "I doubt it." He sighed and stood up. "I just wish things were different. I wish Stella was the one in this position, she would be more understanding about it." "Now you know that's not true. _____ was chosen for a reason. This unitiy with one of the great kingdoms will save us all from the darkness ahead." "I know that, but what if it ends up destroying her in the end?" She was silent for a moment and then said, "All we can do is hope that when the time comes and the truth is revealed, she'll be the one standing."