Rules of The Spirit Battles

When I awoke in the morning, I found breakfast on a table beside my bed. Zorax was beside it. He said, "Start eating. There's something I need to talk to you about."

I sat up and said, "Shoot." And started eating.

"Remember when I said you had powers?" Zorax said.

"Yes."

"Well, you aren't the only one. There are other people that have powers that are all trying to defeat each other."

I was blown away when Zorax said there were other people with powers. I didn't know there were other people like me. "That's cool!" Was all I could manage.

"Not as cool as you would think. There are a lot of kids that were chosen, by God, and by the devil. And all of them, just like you, fight to see where their obedience stands."

"Ohhh. I see what you're saying."

You are special, you can see the angels and demons. You must practice to gain powers." Zorax sat down.

"Also the last one standing is foretold to be the chosen one. And your mom moved to a protected place away from the devil until your house is designated safe for her, so you can still live where you live." After he stopped talking, with the new power in me, I passed out.

...............................................................

Earlier That Day

The Devil's P.O.V.

"GHHAAAAAH!!!!!!" I said, raging around my throne room. "He what?!"

One of my lower minions reported, "Uh-He-H-He Succeeded in training the boy."

"RHHHAAAA!!!!" I said, spewing fire everywhere. "That Zorax! I should have killed him and his brother when I had the chance... He can strongly influence that trainee... What was his name?"

"B-B-Brett, my liege."

"Brett..." I said. "Heh...Heh...MWAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!! Even the name sounds weak!"

"Uh-U-Uh-Of course, my Lord!"

"But Zorax can train him well... Send in Agares to test him."

"Y-Yes, my Lord." Then the minion was on his way