The First Disciple

I awoke with Zorax watching over me. He left while I got ready for the day. When I came out, I asked him, "What will we do today?"

He replied, "We will find your first disciple."

"Who?"

"One of your companions."

"Reece?"

"Yes."

"Is there a certain reason?"

"Reece will grow in wisdom in strength in The Lord's sight. He will spread Christ. His heart will look to God."

"I understand."

"Then let us be off!" He said happily.

I said the verse: "They will soar on wings like eagles!" (Isaiah 40:31) My cross glowed and wings sprouted from my back. I tucked them in and tuned them for better aerodynamic running.

Then I jumped off while spreading out my wings. Zorax came in with his six golden wings.

He glided down to the ground. I didn't know where Reece's house was, so I just followed Zorax. I did my best to keep up with him the whole way through, and I knew he was going slow for me.

When we finally got to Reece's I walked up to the door, and before I could open it, Zorax said, "Wait. Take this."

Zorax handed me a tall wooden staff that tilted at the end. As soon as I touched it, I could feel the Spirit pour into me. It was strong and hard for a staff.

We both nodded our heads in agreement. Then I went to the door and rang the bell. Reece's mom answered the door.

"Well hello Brett."

"Hello Mrs.Arredondo."

"What brings you here? And what's with that staff?"

I outstretched my staff and used a gleaming energy come out of it, which was The Spirit. She couldn't see it, of course. It entered her, and she stepped out of my way, knowing why I was here.

I continued walking, guided by the spirit, into Reece's room. He was on his bed, listening to his music on his CD player. He saw me, took of his headphones, smiled, and said, "How'd you get here?"

"We need to discus something urgently."

"Is it urgent enough to find your way to my house and not wait for school?"

I stared at him seriously

"Okay okay." He said.

I waved my staff in the air and the door closed. "What the heck?!" Reece said.

"It is by the power of God."

"Seriously. Where are the strings?"

"I promise you this is no trick."

"Be serious."

"I am."

"Brett."

I stretched my arms out and my lines came back, and my eyes, cross, and lines glowed. Then I started whipping up a strong winds that blew some of his papers around and flew open some of his books.

His eyes were wide in fear, so I stopped, making the papers drop. "Believe me now?" I said. He nodded.

I sat down on his bed and started talking. "The cross on my hand is an activator, which means it can make scripture real. I am the chosen one under Jesus to spread Christ and change people's hearts to Christ and fend off demons. God has called on you to become my disciple and assist me on my journey."

Reece walked up to the window and looked out of it. He said, "I don't know man. I mean I'm not like you and I just want to stay home."

"Reece, this is a great honor. It is not to be batted around with."

"I know I know. But are you sure God called on you?"

"Remember that on this journey you will grow with Christ and use his power as you have seen I have." I said. That made Reece give and interested nod. "I'll let you think about it. I will be waiting outside. Tell me your answer when you are ready." I said. Then I left.

When I got outside, I sat down and extended my spirit around the house, to prevent demons from toying with Reece's mind. For the rest of the day, I just stood there, looking up at the clouds. I heard the door open, and I snapped back up.

Reece was there walking up to me. "Sorry man, I just couldn't be able to do it. There's my family, my other friends, and school. Too much to leave behind, you know? Plus God can easily choose someone else besides me."

As soon as I heard him say this, I got up and flew away on Zorax in anger. As I flew back to the floating island, I wept softly to myself