Chicago 2 - Michigan 1

Another chapter for you guys, enjoy it , by the way I'm loving All that you give by Kaskade sooo not me but I'm still loving it. ;)

***********************************************************************************************************

The whole idea of going away to College freaked the hell out of me. Especially since I didn't want to.

To be quiet honest with you I never really wanted to go College. I can quiet honestly say that my mind was programmed to reject anything to do with studies or school itself which was quiet weird since I can truthfully say that I excelled in all of my subjects.

The fact is that going to college was a big thing for me especially since I didn't want to go in a first place. To me the whole idea of actually  going to College anywhere near this intoxicating city made my skin crawl. Yes I do love Chicago, and yes I did enjoy the "ruthless" shopping hours but the fact is that the only reason for my stay was to check on Catherine and John.

John was just average bald headed, over weight man with no life goals what so ever. That is  until he met my mother of course, and she "magically" transformed his life from what you call the "black whole plus middle age crises" to never ending paradise with my mother and her extra baggage. Me. 

It wasn't just the fact that John lost weight, found himself a job and spend half of his wage on his appearance and Armani jeans. John like my lovely mother said became a "totally different person".

"I believe in self-drive and determination." John said. 

Really ??

It was words like these that freaked me out, it was like John became a walking inspirational book and knew the right thing to say at the right time.

I didn't know what to think of John when I first met him, I mean this was my mother's third marriage so of course there was doubt there. And not just doubt but anger too, no I'm not self centred or selfish but building relationship with my 'future dad's' has never been easy for me . You never know when she gets tired of her new "love of her life", or of his credit card or damn habits like signing in  shower or occasional burping. So when I first met John I was very curious about what she - my mother, saw in him.

He wasn't good looking like my father, or rich like James or ambitious like her ex-boyfriend Thomas. But it was later on during the late  night visits to McDonald's with him that I finally saw what she- my mother Catherine saw in him.

His good heart. And gentle eyes.

So when the wedding came, Amery didn't mind being Catherine's puppy anymore, she saw the happiness in her eyes and John's proud smile during the wedding when he announced her as his daughter.

But even both of them couldn't make up for my dad and Catherine and John understood that and therefore let me go. I guess being on first name basis with your biological parents can be called 'essential madness' but in my case both  my mother  and father weren't born with the parental genes so calling them by their first names felt just as normal as breathing. But my dad,  he was different we were both the same and we both understood each other that's why he never pushed me into anything I didn't want to do. College.

"I feel like College will tie me down and I don't want that right now." I said obviously confused.

"I understand Ames, but you need to know that College does just the opposite and I don't want you to miss such a great opportunity." Dad finished.

"Look I don-"

"I know you don't and I know it's your life and your mistakes but one day you'll look back and regret your decision."