Ch.4

Why? Why? Out of all the people in the world why does HE have to be here?!? I made my way through the crowd of people to him.

 "What the hell do you think you're doing here?!" I exclaim shoving him.

 "Please hear me out Emiss." He starts.

 "Don't you dare call me that." I seethe.

 "Okay okay I'm sorry. But will you please hear me out?" Niall asks me hopeful.

 "Fine." I say.

 "Can we go somewhere more private?" He asks. I nod. He takes my hand but I immediately snatch it out of his hand. He just nods and leads the way to my old bedroom. I take a seat on the bed and he closes the door behind us.

 "Well?" I ask clearly irritated. He grabs my computer chair and puts it in front of me then takes a seat.

 "Alissa I am SO sorry. I know you hate me. I would too. But you've got to believe me when I say I really regret ever leaving you. It was the biggest mistake of my entire life. I can't tell you how sorry I am. You were the best thing to ever happen to me. And every time I think of my future...you're always in it. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't forget about you. Alissa please give me one more chance. I want to make it up to you. I know I don't deserve another chance but please...don't give up on me. I need you Alissa Emiss Harben." Niall says staring into my eyes.

 "Niall...You really hurt me. I loved you and you just left me." I respond.

 "Loved?" He asks softly looking down.

 "Niall. Please. Don't hurt me again..." I say softly. He looks up at me his eyes shining.

 "Does this mean...you're giving me another chance?!" He asks excitedly. I look up at him and nod. "Oh thank you thank you thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me Emiss!" He exclaims jumping up and down. He stops jumping around when the door opens.

 "Mommy?" It was Alexandria.

 "Oh sorry little girl but-" I cut Niall off.

 "Hi sweetie just hold on a minute. Mommy will be right there okay?" I say. I ignore Niall's shocked face.

 "Otay!" She says walking back out the door.

 "Is..Is that your daughter?" Niall asks tentaviely. I sigh and nod. "How old is she?" He asks.

 "2 years old." I respond softly.

 "Who..Who's the father?" He asks. I look down at the ground. "Emiss. Who's the father?" He asks again more demandingly. I look up at him, tears in my eyes.

 "You left before I had the chance to tell you. I was going to tell you when you came back but...you never came back." I say choking up. Niall's mouth forms a perfect 'o'.

 "I'm so sorry Emiss. If I had known-"

 "Don't. Just...please don't" I say looking down.

 "Can...Can I meet her?" I look up at him surprised.

 "Ye-Yea." I stutter. His face immediately brightens. "Alexandria? Would you come in here?" I call to her. The door opens and she rushes in smiling brightly. She runs up to me.

 "Yes mommy?" She asks.

 "I have someone very special I want you to meet." I say soothingly.

  "Who?" She asks cocking her head to the side.

  "Alex. I want you to meet Niall...your dad." I respond. Her jaw drops.

 "Hi Alexandria. I'm Niall your dad." Niall says bending down to Alex's eye level. She turns around and smiles at Niall. She reaches up and touches his cheek.

 "Hi daddy." She says. A tear runs down Niall's cheek. He reaches up and grabs her hand.

 "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you sweetheart. I promise I'll be there for you from now on. I love you Alexandria." He says hugging her.

 "I love you too daddy." She says. She pulls away and slowly makes her way out of the room.

 "What's wrong with her? Why was she walking like that?" Niall asks slowly.

 "Niall...She's blind."