Crowded Isles .VII

"Where did all our food go?" Newt asked Gally as he opened every cupboard only to find each one almost empty. A whole month of school had passed but it only felt like a week, he could've sworn that just last week he was watching that movie with the guys.

"Probably in our stomachs," Gally snickered.

"No shit," Newt rolled his eyes and grabbed his wallet off his dresser, "I'm going shopping, we need to cut back on the food this month."

"Yeah yeah whatever you say mom," Gally waved him out the door.

Newt quickly left the dorm, shutting the door behind himself. He started heading down the hallway with his hands in his pockets.

"Yo Newt!" someone called from behind him.

Newt turned around to see none other then Thomas jogging toward him.

"Oh hey Tommy," Newt smiled as the boy caught up.

"Where you heading?"

"Grocery shopping," Newt sighed.

"Can I come?" Thomas grinned.

"Uh sure?" Newt was confused as to why he wanted to come along.

"I just really want to pick up a box of cookies," Thomas laughed then walked next to Newt as they headed to the parking lot.

"I can drive," Thomas suggested as he watched Newt eye the bus stop. No, Newt didn't have a car.

"That would be bloody amazing, thanks Tommy," Newt smiled.

"Good thing I always carry my keys," Thomas pulled them out of his pocket and swung them happily. He had a lot of keys on his key ring which made Newt wonder what each one was for.

They finally approached Thomas' blue jeep. {Haha guess the reference} It was a little worn down but looked to be in pretty good shape.

"This is my real babe," Thomas passionately rubbed the hood, "got the number one sport in my heart," he laughed then opened the door to the drivers side.

Newt got in the passengers seat and admired how nice shape the car was in.

Thomas started the car and instantly turned on the radio, he turned it up and grinned at Newt, "hope you like Nickleback." {Fight me I love that band}

"I actually do," Newt smirked and stared at Thomas' hands on the wheel. He has really nice hands, the veins showed up very nicely and they looked so soft. Newt just wanted to hold them.

"Look whos quiet again," Thomas chuckled as he stopped at a red light and glanced at Newt.

"Sorry," Newt's cheeks flushed and he looked down.

"Newt, you really are something else," Thomas shook his head as he moved his hand to rest it on the gear shift.

"Both hands on the wheel Tommy," Newt teased.

"My car my rules," Thomas winked.

"You are so annoying," Newt grumbled as Thomas laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're only getting one box," Newt crossed his arms as he watched Thomas try to sneak 6 boxes of cookies into the cart.

"That's no fun," Thomas frowned and put 5 boxes back.

"Hey you'll thank me when you're not fat for track," Newt smiled as he dropped granola bars in the cart.

Thomas lifted up his shirt slightly to reveal half his 6 pack and shrugged, "I think I deserve some cookies."