sweet serial killer

Ashton had been huddled in his apartment for the past week crying and sleeping and all in all feeling sorry for himself. He missed his Lukey, but he knew he could never have him back.

The only thing that pulled him out of bed was the thought that someone did this to his love. Someone hurt Luke and they were going to pay.

------

Ashton looked into everyone that Luke had been friends with or even worked with. He even went to talk to some of them, but by far, Calum Hood was the most shaken up of all.

"So, I'm guessing you and Luke were close?" Calum asked him when Ashton visited his home.

"Actually, he was my boyfriend," Ashton replied.

"Oh, I didn't know he was dating anyone," Calum said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I'm assuming you guys weren't very close then."

"Well, you're right. We just worked together. We were working on the Persephone killer case," Calum relied.

Ashton had to force back a gasp. Luke had never mentioned what his job was, but Ashton didn't expect him to be an officer working on his case.

"Really? So are you finding any connection between Luke's murder and the case?" Ashton replied.

"Not so far. It appears he was just mugged."

Calum's eye twitched and his hands were shaky and that's when Ashton knew that he was lying to him.

"Cut the bullshit and tell me the truth, Calum. What the fuck happened to Luke? You know that he was not mugged," Ashton said in frustration.

Calum looked at him with the expression of a deer in headlights.

"That's all they've told me, mate. Are you okay?" he asked.

"Of course not. My boyfriend was murdered last week. Would you be okay?" Ashton asked before leaving Calum's house and slamming the door.

He knows that Calum knows something he's not telling him and he's determined to find out what it is.