wish i may, wish i might

Ashton is sitting at home reading The Hound of the Baskervilles and drinking camomile tea. He has just closed up the café he owns ten minutes prior and he is itching to relax. Being around ignorant people all day long really makes him annoyed.

Once he finishes the chapter he is reading, he turns on his TV to see the news on. They are covering the "Persephone" killer and he gives the media props for doing their research. They recognize the detail he put into to his kills. He quickly gets bored of the monotone voices of the news anchors and cuts off his TV.

Ashton thinks back to his childhood, when his mother used to read him Greek myths at night. He had memorized every single story she told him, but his favorite was about Persephone. She intrigued him. She was surrounded by death for half of the year and the other half she was surrounded by the new life that spring brought. Ashton thought that was strangely beautiful.

Ashton stands up from his plush recliner and brings his tea cup to the sink. He quickly washes it, because he can't stand for there to be a dirty dish in the sink. After putting away the dish, he walks to his bedroom. He pulls off his light pink sweater and tosses it in the dirty clothes bin along with his jeans. He takes a pair of silk pajamas from his dresser and slips them on before rolling back the comforter of his neatly made queen sized bed.

Ashton turns on the soothing sounds of Mozart and lies down in his bed. He stares at the ceiling for what feels like forever before he drifts into a restless slumber.