Chapter 7-More alike than I thought

Amos POV

Her reaction was instantaneous, she whirled towards the rogues scent and sprinted towards it with a deadly gleam in her eye. Shit, she's going to kill him. Stupid boy should of known that she would catch his scent.

He came to close to the pack now they are going to kill him and i'm going to have to stop them.

She is going to hate me. A stab of hurt came from my chest and I stop startled. Wait why should I care if she hates me. This women is a threat to me and everything. I need to make sure she doesn't change anything or everyone will die.

Fuck how can she change so much, she is one wolf?

Why is she so different?

What is it about her?

I push the confusion aside and leap after her.

Fay POV

The trees whiz past as I hunt down the rogues scent. The smell assaults my nostrils the acidic smell nothing like my pack. It smells wrong. What the hell is it doing on pack borders?

A growl slips from my throat as the strength of the scent increases. I feel Bones and Jason and Joe behind me.

Jason, Joe go inform the pack me and Bones will bring the rogue in

I sent the message through the pack link, it is effortless and the response floats back through my mind. They don't question my orders, they never do.

Ok will do

Jason replies and I feel them head towards the packs house. The disappointment in Jason's voice puts a smile on my face, this is the first rogue to cross our borders in over 10 years. No one wants to mess with the Red Claw Pack we are known for our unrelenting killing techniques, we never forgive and we never forget. No one crosses us and survives.

The rogue is about to find that out.

Amos POV

I race after Bones and Fay. I catch up in time to see Joe and Jason split off in the opposite direction. Fay increases her pace and so does Bones. I urge my beast faster until I am along side her.

Mind if I join

I send the message in to her mind with a hint of a smile giving nothing away. She doesn't even look at me but her reply drifts through my mind and her voice inside my head makes me shiver. I could get used to this. Wait no I couldn't. I shake my head to dislodge the traitorous thoughts.

If you wish, but if you get in my way I will kill you never mind what my Alpha said

The threat makes my heart quicken and not from fear.

Wouldn't dream of it darling

A clearing opens up ahead and a wolf stands staring at us as we slow down and make our way un-hurriedly towards him. Bones breaks off left to circle the rogue from behind and Fay goes to the right. I simply stay back to watch.

The deep brown wolf looks at both of them and then at me and I see recognition in his eyes but he looks back in fear as Bones moves closer. He asses the biggest threat to be him, silly wolf can't he feel the waves of power rolling of Fay.

His fear floats towards me and I see excitement in Fay's eyes. Maybe we are more alike than I thought.

Fay POV

I purposely lift my head and scent the air, his fear fills my nose and my wolf likes it. I step forward and he glances at me and steps back on shaky legs. He then turn to stare at Bones again thinking he is the stronger wolf. How wrong he is.

This will be easy. He won't even see it coming yet my wolf wants to toy with him. Make him fear us. Understand we are the threat, we are not weak. I push those urges down. He will be scared enough later and will soon realise his mistake. My fathers voice drifts through my head. His strong tone confirming my plan.

Bring him in Fay, let's see what that bastard is doing on my land

I smile knowing this will be easy

With pleasure.

I leap at the wolf, he doesn't even see me coming still staring at Bones. I land on his back and rip my teeth into his fur on his shoulder. I bite deeper and he whines in pain and sinks to the floor. I fling him away as fast and as hard as I can and he flies at a tree.

He hits the tree with immense force and his head makes a crunch and his limp body slides to the bottom of the tree unconscious. I look at Bones and no words are needed. He changes and his naked human body stride to the wolf and throws him over his shoulder and looks back at me expectantly. I nod and walk back towards the trees, to the pack house and my father.

This rogue is going to have a tough time when he wakes up. A sigh escapes me, I feel no guilt or regret it simply must happen.