Chapter 2- Stranger

I stretch and feel all my bones crack back into place as Bones does the same beside me. We turn to each other grinning, it's impossible to be unhappy after changing. Running through the forest hearing the wildlife and seeing everything in such great detail is freeing. Running until you can't run anymore. Me and Bones had chased each other and played in the forrest for hours until we decided we had better head back.

We both start towards the house talking about all the animals we chased until his scent hits me. The wind blows an unfamiliar earthy masculine scent towards me. I instantly know it is not pack and all my senses turn on to high alert. I stop and bend my knees slightly and bare my teeth. I feel Bones next to me tense for an attack. We hear voices come towards us and quickly glance at each other confused.

"Oh here they are!" My mum says opening the screen door and walking out onto the porch with a vibrant smile aimed at us. Now I am even more confused. What the hell is going on.

"Who is the rogue" I snarl.

"Don't you growl at me Fay Sanderson" she scolds just as the door opens again and I meet the rogue wolf responsible for the scent. I drag my eyes from the bare feet of this large wolf up his ripped denim jeans to his grey top which looks like it has been painted on him. His chest is huge and so are his arms his muscles ripple as he crosses his arms over his chest. I finally reach his face. His deep brown eyes stare at me emotionless surrounded by black as night eye lashes that any girl would be jealous of. His chiseled cheek bones make his stubble stand out. His midnight black hair is rough and looks like he just woke up.His lips quirk up into a smile and he exposes straight white teeth.

I stare at him but direct a question towards my mother "Who is the rogue? And why isn't he dead?"

"Well that isn't a very nice way to greet someone Fay, I swear you are more animal than human! And Bones would you stop growling!" My other says in exasperation as another growl rumbles from beside me.

"WHO. ARE. YOU" I pronounce every word evenly.

"I am sorry about-" That's all my mother gets to say before the stranger talks.

"It is ok Martha don't you worry about it. You must be Fay I am Amos" The stranger says with an accent that I can't place. He starts to walk forward but at the same time me and Bones growl and he stops and puts his hands in the air in a peace gesture and smiles at us.

"Oh for goodness sake stop it you two, come Amos I am sure my husband is ready now" My mother says giving me and Bones and pointed look as she opens the door and goes in side. Amos gives both of us a final smile and follows her. Me and Bones glance at each other. Feeling silly i straighten up and so does he.

"Well we might as well go see what's going on" Bones says confused. I know how he feels.

I just grumble and start towards the porch to follow Amos and my mother.