Stowaway (A Pirate Novel) Synopsis

Elizabeth discovers her fiancé plans to murder her shortly after the wedding night when she visits his office unexpectedly. She disguises herself and goes back to gather evidence. Discovered she runs in an attempt to stay alive.

Cornered she jumps off a cliff into the sea as a ship sits in the distance. She climbs aboard and does her best to hide. Quickly she learns that the ship isn't a typical merchant ship but that of pirates.  When she is discovered she keeps up her pretense of her fake gender. 

She learns who she is and that everyone is not who or what they seem.

Her life is shadowed by one mini adventure after another. She makes friends and enemies. One  enemy unknowingly exposes her secret to the captain and threatens to destroy her hard won freedom and her life.  

As the threat draws closer she is sent to a convent, "for her protection", with a new identity and a new backstory as the defiant daughter, Rachel, the unwilling intended to the estranged Talbot Alexander James.  Her supposed intended Sir Talbot Alexander James parents, Sir Liam James and Lady Emmaline, wrote saying they intended to visit due to the rumors. Again she had to hide. This time in seldom used part of the convent.

Suddenly Sir Talbot Alexander James shows up unexpected and his old governess makes it impossible to hide or flee.