Chapter Twelve

A couple of weeks have passed since Stormer and his friends have arrived at Jack's house.

"Okay lad, here's tha sandbag. I want ya ta hit it hard." Jack told me.

I started punching it. I kept hitting faster and harder, until sand began to fall out of the bag. I took a step back and breathed.

"Well holy shite. Looks like we gotta real hitta here!" Jack laughed.

"What now? Why can't I train with Sierra and the rest?" I asked impatiently.

"'Cause lad, they're ahead of ya in willpower. Ya still have a ways to go." Jack explained as he unhooked the busted sandbag. "Your heart may be in the right place, but after tha whole events with that Serkov fella. I'd say your not ready to face some o' tha stuff I have planned for them. I'll tell you what, if you can master control over yourself and your powers. Then I may reconsider. Since ya can still hear Serkov's voice boomin' in your head, I doubt that'll be anytime soon lad."

"I haven't heard his voice since that accident at that hospital, Jack listen to me for once! I'm ready to go out and fight!" I shouldn'tve shouted but it irritated me when he starts about this crap.

Jack stared at me for what seemed like hours. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of Jack Daniel's and popped the lid off. Grabbing the newspaper from the nearby table, he stuffed it inside the bottle and lit it.

"Look mate, I'll make ya a deal. You freeze this Molotov 'n I'll letcha go with your pals. Alright?"

"A Molotov? You're joking, right? Right?"

Jack lights the paper. "Not at all."

He throws the bottle and the first thing I did I shot the ground with an ice blast. I forced the ice to rise and grab the bottle, but the flame melted my ice. The more of my powers I use the more it wears me down. I rush the bottle as it came towards me I place my hands around it and focused all my energy into the bottle and the flame began to glow a bright neon blue. The bottle shattered, along with the paper. The flame still remained.

"What the hell is this?" I ask.

"Your full potential lad. Grab it and let the flame consume you." Jack said entranced by the dancing flame.

"You're joking? That little spark is my potential? Of all the jokes you've told I don't like this."

Jack pulled my hand towards him. He gently placed his other hand beneath the flame and placed it in my palm. It was a bright, roaring flame yet it was so cold it burns. After a few seconds it flattens in my palm and became a solid piece of steel in the shape of a flame.

"Keep that with ya lad, you never know when it'll come in handy."

I look a Jack and scoff. "You're telling me that this piece of metal will is my potential? Next you'll tell me Ferox is my long lost brother."

Jack laughed at that. I walk out of the basement and went upstairs. Lo and behold Ferox is asleep on the couch. I smack the side of his head and went to the kitchen to get some water.

"He's still not up?" Kytria asks as she walks inside. "Ferox was supposed to help us with something."

"Let me try something." I fill up a glass with water and walk over to Ferox. "Hey Hothead, wake up." I splash him with water.

"Jenna I didn't torch the building! Fuck. How long was I asleep?" Ferox asked.

"A full twenty hours asshole. You've almost been asleep for an entire day." Kytria looks like she's gonna kill him.

"Weren't we gonna do something or was I gonna eat? I don't remember but oh well." Ferox put his hands behind his head and leaned back. Cole walks in and grips Ferox by the collar and drags him off the couch.

"Hey! Let go of me Pipsqueak!" Ferox howled. Fringe and Ferox went outside and Fringe walked back in.

"Let him deal with that damned yard work. Lazy bastard." Cole sighed.

"Anyway what did you need help with Kytria?" I asked. She sat down on the kitchen floor and rolls the blueprints out.

"That car out there, that blue Charger. I'm planning to put armor plating, nitrous, and bulletproof tired on it. Only problem is that we need to 'acquire' a military vehicle from that base we escaped from. So yeah we're kinda screwed on that little fact."

"What do we need to do if we get one?"

"Someone would have to drive while I get rid of the tracker embedded in the radio. Once I get that out were home free."

"Won't people notice a three ton military truck going down the freeway?"

"Shit you're right. Hey Cole, have you ever shot a gun before?"

"Barrett Model 98B. Why?" Fringe asks.

"I'm gonna need your help when we steal that truck."

"Okay hold on why do we need that car? It's a rust pile! It's not even worth scrap!" I stood up and crossed my arms.

"Cause we're gonna need vehicles in order to get to Serkov remember? This isn't just your fight anymore, this is everyone's." Kytria said.

I sighed and shrugged off the chill running down my back. I walk over to Kytria and sit next to her.
"Okay, what's step one?"

"Step one is when we go get the needed stuff. Such as a night vision scope." Kytria explains.